What's new

Thank You Ron !! (1 Viewer)

George See

Second Unit
I thank you and my wife thanks you. We would always pick up something you highly recomended first during a trip to the video store, and it always resulted in a great viewing experience. Your reviews will be definently be missed, but i'm glad you'll be getting to take a break.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yes, thanks Ron for all the good reviews. There are a lot of films i was on the bubble on , but picked them up based on your reviews and i love them.

capt

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Funny, I've always felt that Ron's reviews were amateur, poorly written, and just piss poor in general . Even Harry Knowles is a better writer!

Of course I'm kidding. I've greatly enjoyed Ron's reviews over the last couple of years, as they were truly some of the best written on the net, especially at a time when other sites that used to have fairly good reviews have seen their quality levels sink. I've often marvelled at how Ron could pull a full time job and do such a hectic review schedule at the same time. Enjoy your much deserved and (I would assume) much needed time off Ron!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Ron.

Many disc in my collection were purchased sight-unseen (never having seen the film myself) based on you excellent reviews.

It will definitely be a challenge for the next reviewer to fill the shoes!

Gregory E

Second Unit
Yes, Ron. Thanks for all the work you put into your reviews. I enjoyed reading them. Heck, I went out and bought Amélie because of your review...and now it's one of my favorite films!

Thanks for making Home Theater Forum such a great site.

:star: :star: :star: :star:

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Mark said it best "I have many movies now that I never would have even noticed on the shelves if not for your reviews. And I've yet to regret a single purchase."

Thank you for all the time and effort that clearly went into every one.

They will be missed
:frowning:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Always great, Ron. My favorite part was how you always broke up the supplements individually and told how long each one was. I always looked for that. Will miss for sure.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Here here!

Ron, I always thought your "amateur" reviews were a lot more insightful and informative and REAL than many of the so-called "professional" reviews out there. Thanks for all of 'em!

Look forward to you participatin' more in the threads now that you aren't reviewing stuff anymore! :D

Clint B

Second Unit
I echo the sentiments of everyone who has posted in this thread. Thanks for your informative and easy to understand reviews, Ron. They will be missed, but hopefully, you won't be a stranger on HTF!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Ron:

Thanks ever so much for all the hard work you put in on your DVD Reviews. They were always the first thing that I looked for whenever I logged-in to the site.

I remember the first DVD set that I purchased as a result of one of your reviews: "Walking with Dinosaurs". At the time I wasn't even aware that this excellent package was even going to be offered on DVD; but based on your review, I immediately pre-ordered it. Needless to say, I was very satisfied with that purchase and from that day forward whenever you stuck a "Highly Recommended" label on one of your reviews I immediately gave that release serious consideration for purchase even if I had had no prior interest in the title.

I have never been dissatisfied with any such purchase.

To say that I, for one, will miss your reviews is, therefore, a vast understatement.

Thanks again!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry to see your reviews go, but I'm sure it will be a relief for you to just watch movies for pleasure again. The number of reviews you were posting must have started to make you feel like you were working a second job......but without the happy benefit of being paid. Kick back, relax, and enjoy yourself.

Runar_R

Second Unit
Almost getting a funeral-vibe here..... "they will be missed" :wink:

I always enjoyed your reviews Ron. I might not always agree with all your comments, but they always seemed thought through. Your reviews have presented members here with gems they might have overlooked otherwise. Hopefully the members of this forum has introduced you to a few titles you have enjoyed as well.

Kami

Screenwriter
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for all the reviews. One recommendation that stands out is your recommendation for Almost Famous. I bought it sight unseen after reading your review and loved it (then later bought the Bootleg edition). Many more that I can't remember off hand as well.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yes Ron, your great dvd reviews will be missed. There have been many dvd's bought unseen beforehand based on your reviews. The most recent was The Ghost & Mrs. Muir...Wow! What a treasure.

But pursuing your relationships is far more important and I applaud your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks