What's new

Thank You Ron !! (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Just wanted to thank you for all the wonderful and detailed dvd reviews over the year...

Ill definetly miss them :frowning:

Andrew CM

Grip
Hear hear!
Definitely won't be the same around here without your reviews Ron.
You have mighty big shoes to fill whoever is going to take over.
Thanks again Ron for all those superb, honest reviews.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
Thank you Ron! You made me spend more than I wanted to:) My favorite recommendation from you out of many is Walking with Dinosaurs.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I completely agree, I like your rewievs more than most of the review site's I used to read actually.

I hope the new reviewer is not too technical minded

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I'll definitely miss Ron's reviews! I'd be thrilled to take over the position but my life is so busy as it is I'd barely have time for it. Arrrggghhh!! :angry:

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
I would also like to say a big THANK YOU too!

I'll definitely miss Ron's reviews, having said that I wish him the best and hope he at least makes enough time to enjoy his own library of DVDs. I can barely keep up with watching all the discs I've bought lately. And to think the studios are going to release even more incredible titles this year!

Ron thanks again for all your wonderful reviews. They will be missed, but surely not forgotten.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Here here! Ron, your reviews were by far the best!

Thanks for everything,
Derek

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED from Ron Epstein always peaked my interest and very often allowed me to discover a dvd or a film that I might have otherwise ignored.

20,000 Leagues is one of my most anticipated releases because of his very review.

9 times out of 10 I don't let a reviewer bias my decision, but Ron was the 1 that did because I feel like he is "one of us"....

I'll miss your review, but understand the reasons for you diverting attention elsewhere. Hell, I thought the HTF wasyour full time profession with all the reviews and amount of work you do. You deserve a well earned break.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll toast a beer to Ron for his outstanding reviews, always loved reading'em and will miss'em. Thanks Ron!

Peace Out~:D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I will also miss your reviews. One of the things I liked about your reviews was that it was first about the movie. Your love for the movies you reviewed was very apparent.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

Your hard work has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Please accept my gratitude for your wonderful reviews.

I enjoyed the "layman" aspect of your critiques, finding them a bit more accessible, on the whole, than other sites. I hope that whomever you've found to take your place at least acknowledges that a lot of Home Theater Forum members enjoy that aspect too.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I have many movies now that I never would have even noticed on the shelves if not for your reviews. And I've yet to regret a single purchase. Especially the older movies.

I'll certainly miss your reviews, but I'm glad you'll be able to simply enjoy the movies now without having to worry about the review. Free movies from the studios certainly sounds great, but there's no way I could do it. I like to watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it and only watch as much as I want to.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I also have greatly enjoyed your reviews, Ron! And like others here, they led me to some great movies I might otherwise had ignored or not known about.

Thanks for your great service you have provided to movie fans!

JimmyK

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all of the hard work that you put into all of your reviews. I have always liked your reviews better than the "professional" sites. You just keep it simple, straightforward, to the point, and easy to understand. Sure, there may have been some grammar errors along the way, but they did not matter because the quality of the review made up for it. I hope that the replacement will keep the reviews on the same level as you did.

My favorite part about all of your reviews is that they are right to the point, and have no filler. You tell it like it is, and we all appreciate that. Also you usually go over every aspect of the DVD, and describe it in a great manner.

I can see why you are not doing reviews any more. It must be a strain working a job and doing reviews at the same time. I hope that you will now be able to take a more active part in the HTF community. I also hope that you will have more free time to enjoy the movies that you WANT to see.

Take it easy Ron.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Yes I will miss those fantastic reviews as well. I have bought many from these reviews as some of them, I had no heard about.

Great work Ron

:emoji_thumbsup:

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just now seeing the note that your not going to post reviews any more. They will be greatly missed. I've picked up many a movie on your recommendation that I would never have thought about before I read your words.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks