The French Connection and Phantom Menace coming??..what
else can I say. Hey, Peter, If your ever in NJ, your more
then welcome to my house for dinner!!! Thanks again to
Peter and FOX....THEY ROCK!!!!!!!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
We do owe Peter a lot of thanks and kudos for his efforts at Fox.
And his name is Staddon, not Straddon.

RicP

Screenwriter
S T A D D O N No "R" :)
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Matt Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
I completely agree, Drarrin!
:)
Preter Straddon and anyone from Frox Home Videro is welcome in Minnerapolis, too!
(I'm sorry Darrin, just couldn't resist!)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
There's very little doubt that Fox puts out the best DVDs in terms of content and quality. Kudos to them and Peter Staddon!
icon14.gif

If only other studios would follow Fox's lead.
------------------
flag.jpg

Mick Wright

Second Unit
quote: What if we still had Bill Mehanic there? [/quote]
I think maybe Bill Mechanic has received a bad rap. Fox's dvd turn-around occurred while he was there, surely this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't appoved.
I was sad to see him go, this is the man who green-lit Fight Club!
[Edited last by Mick Wright on September 21, 2001 at 09:52 AM]

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think thanks are also in order to Fox for their recent price reductions, both in catalog titles and current releases. That leaves Universal, Disney and Paramount...

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I guess that's what happens when you gamble with stuff like Titan A.E. Sad that mature animation doesn't have an audience here in the U.S. and that was the final straw for him.
Very unfortunate what happened to Mr Mechanic. I read an article about it on Entertainment Weekly.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Forget the French Connection! Get the French Connection box set with French Connection II as well! Thanks Fox, for even turning FC2 into a special edition with great special features!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Mr Staddon, Thank you for THE SANDLOT next year.
You are also welcome at my house anytime, You have to fly to the United Kingdom but still you are more than welcome.
Thanks Again Mr Staddon
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktopjasonVSparbannerVER2.jpg
www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
Thank you WILL K for the banner

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I was sad to see him go, this is the man who green-lit Fight Club!
Indeed. Moviegoers finally had a person in a major studio who wanted to make quality movies - movies to be remembered - and look what happens. I realize it's about the money first, but why can't studios focus on making good films and making money?
------------------
flag.jpg

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
Let me jump on the bandwagon by saying a big Thank You for TITUS! Pardon my vernacular, but it takes real balls to put out a full blown Special Edition of such a 'small' and 'difficult' (by Hollywood standards) film. I could see a smaller publisher like Criterion or Anchor Bay doing that, but coming from a major studio it was a real surprise. Thanks again!
wink.gif

Cheers.
------------------
[ http://ugo.scarlata.it/?pid=about&cid=3

YANG

Screenwriter
Mr STADDON is the one who makes FOX HOMEVIDEO the top studio choice in HTforum.He really listen to comments and suggestions from the consumers.Take a look at the previous HTF chats,you'll see that Mr STADDON is our frequent guest.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
As a Spartan, it dissapointmented me to see Bill Mechanic get the heave-ho from Fox. He was a graduate of Michigan State and would come back every so often for lectures and discussions.
However, as a dvd enthusiast, I could not be happier to see him leave. This guy black balled dvd for such a long time and was a vocal champion of divx and dvhs. Shame on him.
Thankfully, Fox has a dvd champion now, perhaps the best in the business. So I thank you, Mr. Staddon. I eaglrly anticipate Fox dvds now like no other.
-- Matt

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Yes, Mr. Staddon has set the bar very high for us. And credit also must go to producer David Prior, who has overseen many of those great DVD's. They are a great team.
Now (greasy-greasy-grease
tongue.gif
if they can apply those high standards to definitive editions of BREAKING AWAY, BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, SHOCK TREATMENT, and the entire Fox/Robert Altman catalog, I'd be deliriously happy.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
what can i say? i loved the fight club dvd-even the packaging, and you guys are even making me contemplate whether or not to buy planet of the apes even though i hated it, just because of the intriguing extras and cover art...
biggrin.gif
...thank you for making me addicted, peter.
------------------
signature.jpg

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks