What's new

TGG: Ripcord Seasons 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
The GARR Goup does it again with another ZIV title being released August 6, 2013. Released in (two) season sets making for the complete series. Each season is priced at SRP: 19.99 and amazon is discounting to $13.99 currently. TGG is becoming my favorite classic tv on dvd company. Soild transfers at great prices. Wish they would have released season 1 of Highway Patrol. I'm too cheap to pay for the MOD one.Wonder which, if any of the ZIV titles will be released next.List from wiki:Acapulco ** Bat Masterson - Season 1&2Bold Venture Boston Blackie Dial 999 Dr. Christian ZIVEasy AcesThe Everglades Harbor CommandHarbormaster ** Highway Patrol - Released** Home Run Derby - ReleasedI Led Three LivesKeyhole King of Diamonds Klondike ** Lee Marvin Presents Lawbreaker - ReleaedLock-Up ZIV** Mackenzie's Raiders - coming soon!The Man Called X Martin Kane, Private Investigator Meet Corliss Archer Men into Space Men of Annapolis Miami Undercover Mr. District Attorney ** Ripcord - Aug 6, 2013** Science Fiction Theatre - possible/prints** Sea Hunt - releasedTarget The Aquanauts/Malibu Run The Case of the Dangerous Robin The Eddie Cantor Comedy TheatreThe Man and the Challenge The Rough Riders The Unexpected This Man Dawson ** Tombstone Territory - Season 1The Troubleshooters Waterfront WORLD OF GIANTSYour Favorite Story Brian

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Great news!Brian, I'm with you about TGG, very good releases of classic TV shows at unbeatable prices. The only problem I see with TGG is the way they release their DVDs. Complete seasons of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol were released but not in order, and what about Bat Masterson, they have released season 1 and 2 but nothing of season 3. Also we don't have any way to contact them, their website hasn't been updated since 2009 and it's a very, very generic website.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Add the half-season sci-fi series, WORLD OF GIANTS (1959), to the list; that was from ZIV, too.

Stunt Coordinator
maskedmala said:
Great news!Brian, I'm with you about TGG, very good releases of classic TV shows at unbeatable prices. The only problem I see with TGG is the way they release their DVDs. Complete seasons of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol were released but not in order, and what about Bat Masterson, they have released season 1 and 2 but nothing of season 3. Also we don't have any way to contact them, their website hasn't been updated since 2009 and it's a very, very generic website.
I'm hoping for Season 3 of Bat as well. At least they released all of Highway, Sea Hunt and the soon to be Ripcord all at one. Much better than waiting months, if not years for the big Studios to trickle out the releases. How long would it have taken for these shows.....Brian

Stunt Coordinator
borisfw said:
Home Run Derby was released by MGM a few years back .
Had no idea this was released. I added it to the list above. I'll have to check it out, ThanksBrian

Tom.W

Second Unit
Glad to hear this! Everglades, Science Fiction Theater, Boston Blackie, and I Led 3 Lives are at the of my list after Ripcord.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brilliant news!
Will definitely pick this up.
Hoping that I Led 3 Lives is also in the works ("watch yourself, Philbrick!")

I agree with you Brian, TGG is rapidly becoming my favorite distributor.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I may give this series a shot. I hope Bat Masterson Season 3 comes soon as well. I wish Timeless would take a note from TGG and use 5 discs like TGG instead of 4 and craming 10 episodes per discs which gives a lower bitrate and slightly grainier picture that could have been avoided. But happy to have these shows available one way or the other from both Timeless and TGG

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TMG is still my favorite distributor, mainly because of their track record, and vast output of classic TV. TGG has put out good things too, but not exactly in my wheelhouse. I already had the complete Sea Hunt series and Bat Masterson series as well. I also had the complete season one of Highway Patrol, and was content with just that. I have an interest in Ripcord, as I like Larry "Dash Riprock" Pennell and Ken "Festus" Curtis, so I will likely order this series.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Just in time for my Birthday (August 19).

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!! :biggrin: :dance: :rock: :drum: :banana: :dancing-banana-04:

Update: Just Pre-Ordered it for my B-Day, It will be shipped to my Sister's House where I'll get it on my B-Day. :cool:

JeffT.

Screenwriter
This is interesting!

Is SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE (Syndicated 1955-57) scheduled for a DVD release? How is this known?

This has been one of my fondest wishes just to see the colour produced first season (1955-56) in respectable condition.

Let's not forget MEN IN SPACE (CBS 1959-60) as well.

Anyway RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) will certainly do for now!

Jeff T.

:D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I hope they include the introduction that Ivan Tors did when he was pitching the Pilot Episode to prospective Buyers (The "alternative" version I have has this little "Extra"). Otherwise, I'll have to spare this disk. :biggrin:

PS. The Plane from Ripcord makes a Cameo Appearance in "The Disappearence" Episode in Season 10 of Lassie (Another of my "Holy Grail" TV Series I want out on DVD). ;)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
One more thing: Give me the animated Series Hot Wheels & Skyhawks on DVD and I'll die a VERY Happy Man! :biggrin:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JeffT. said:
This is interesting!

Is SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE (Syndicated 1955-57) scheduled for a DVD release? How is this known?
It's been implied there may be issues with the master elements.Who knows what the shape of the color elements are? Does anyone know what type of stock they used?

I've read somewhere to save money, ZIV used "Color Trims" (The beginning and end of film batches)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
For goddess sakes, they swiped the artwork for the covers from the comic book adaption and the Whitman tie-in book!

4c+1294+(dell+1962)+ripcord+01.jpg

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Pictures of the Skydivers are similiar, but the backgrounds are differant. I'm just glad I'm getting this "Grail" of a TV Series. :dancing-banana-04: :biggrin:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Basing the DVD box art on vintage artwork is inspired!Here is some more RIPCORD stuff:The Ripcord Dell comic book cover again and some interior pages: http://savedfromthepaperdrive.blogspot.com/2012/06/comic-book-short-story-ripcord.htmlThe ad for the Ripcord Parachute toy that was probably in comic books and the Sunday paper color comics section: http://www.wefestival.com/ebay/cmk04666B.JPGA lay-out of an article about Ripcord,with lots of pictures, put together by the US Parachute Association: http://parachutingassociates.com/upload/AboutJim/smRipcordReprint-Parachutist08-2010.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks