What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Basically a mango, twelve oranges and six bananas in a nappy. All the time.

(All the time since HAL uhm..., died, that is.)

Cees

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Daisy... Daisy....

Space... Mike? Is that some rock group or astronomy magazine, TV show?

I bought three old 50's classics on blu-ray from Amazon for £17, The African Queen, The Caine Mutiny and The Fly (1958 in a cool steelbook too). I also picked up, Splice, on blu-ray for less than £3.

Blu-rays are cheaper than DVD, who would have thought? It's almost embarrassing. Won't be long before they're offered as freebies inside sunday newspapers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There's SIX bananas in the nappy???

Zed-Sean-Connery.jpg

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
A new marvelous screen technique.
What? A new kind of knappy? One without bananas? One where the bananas have moved to two new locations? Who knew how this marvelous techinique would be seen on the screen?

I bet it was rated M.

Nu!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw Calvary this weekend. (I always have to stop and think so I don't say Cavalry.) It was good, but a rather dark, grim story. I was so annoyed by this elderly couple in the back of me as it sounded like they were chomping popcorn in my ear. I moved across the aisle and about 5 seats in, but could still hear them chomping through the movie, and occasionally talking. :angry: Times like this, I feel like waiting to watch things at home!! After the show, I heard her tell him "you said it was humorous!"

Emmys tonight. I'm sure "Fargo" will take home a bunch. That was such a good show!!

I finally began watching my recordings of "Extant". 2 shows in and I'm finding it pretty interesting. I also watched the premiere of "Intruders" on BBC America -- had not realised it is based on a novel I'd read a few years ago. Interesting so far, and haven't seen Mira Sorvino in a while.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I nearly went to the movies this week, but then couldn't be arsed. I blew my back out last week and it's still twangy. So lame! Watched CANDY GOES TO HOLLYWOOD and AN AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEL, along with the John Woo classic THE DRAGON TAMERS. Anyone see that one? It opens with some girls fighting in the mud and their tops get tore open like in a women in prison movie. Anyone? No one? Steef?

I'm half a season into MARVELS AGENTS OF SHIELDS! Don't like any of the characters other than the British girl who's the least annoying character. They all talk like every other character Joss Wedon has been involved with, but the show on the whole manages to be good enough that I'm still watching. Better than IRON MAN 3 anyway, that movie sucked iron balls. Considering Wedon is known for writing strong women characters, why are they always super models instead of more normal looking, frumpy girls? Why is that? I think the "S" in SHIELD stands for "Supermodel". Supermodel Hero I'm Extremely Looking-Good Squad.

I'm pretty sure that it's going to come out that Captain Coulson what's his name is an LMD. SAY NO MORE SPOILER ALERT!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
LMD Russ?

What a miserable summer we've been having here in the wetlands of the North Atlantic, it started off well with the hottest weather in decades but it was not to last. Just wind and rain.

I've been reading about the American Civil War, more Americans died during that war than in World War I & II, Korean War and Vietnam War combined, whoa! And disease was one of the biggest killers.

Did you know they had 3D cameras 150 years ago? 70% of all Civil War photography was in 'stereoview'. I did not know this.

Forbidden Plant.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
LMD= Life Model Decoy. In the comics they've been transferring consciousness into them. I bet that's what's going on. Or he's a shitty actor who acts like a robot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Model_Decoy

That Ken Burns documentary on the Civil War is a really good watch Steve. I've seen it a couple of times. I've seen those stereoscopic viewers too. One of the grandparents had one and some slides.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thanks for the clarification Russ. They killed off Coulson in The Avengers and instantly regretted it. And now he's some sort of android cloned cyborg? pfft I call shenanigans (whatever that means).

I've got that Civil War doc on one of my drives but have never watched it. It's time I did.

Breaking Bad did well at the Emmys. Still have not seen True Detective.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Steve Christou said:
I've got that Civil War doc on one of my drives but have never watched it. It's time I did.
Just put this music on endless loop to get a taste for it.....

It's Burns' best work....he went downhill from there IMHO.

Guess which war saw the first use of machine guns, trench warfare, and aircraft carriers?

tumblr_le5ap6t0VV1qbdh71o1_500.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis Nicholls said:
Guess which war saw the first use of machine guns, trench warfare, and aircraft carriers?
And submarines too or wasn't that the first war to feature them?

So what do you remember most about the Civil War Mr. Nicholls? Which side were you on? ;)

Might watch Birth of a Nation at the weekend, I'm in a Civil War state of mind at the moment. Is that the one with the Ku Klux Klan? eeek! After reading a book on the Civil War by Alan Axelrod I decided to test my knowledge at Funtrivia.com. I got 3 right out of 25 questions. Hey thats not too bad.

Mike the very first image in your video, caught me by surprise, I know sometimes a cigar is just a cigar but... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.