Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Here's one for Russell -

Green-Hornet-and-Adam-West.jpg

Batman and The Green Hornet, arm wrestling.

(Adam West & Van Williams)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have been binge watching of late. Just finished watching Seasons 1-8 of 24, all four seasons of Game of Thrones, both seasons of House of Cards, every season of Continuum, Lost Girl and Orphan Black. I am currently working on season 2 of The Killing. I am waiting on the latest for Doc Martin and Helix. I don't think I have watched a broadcast network or cable show in 3 months.

Arrgghhh! My eyes and brain.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Orphan Black kicks ass. Some of the best acting by one person I have seen in years. Well done.
I cannot recommend it high enough.

Extant is ok. I can't really put my thumb on why it appears to just lay there and not really do anything.

I loved Almost Human so of course it is not being picked up for additional seasons. I also really
liked Alphas but it went the way of Heroes and was killed off just as it getting interesting.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I enjoyed Almost Human, a shame it didn't last. It would be nice to have a long running TV cop show set in the future.

Lucy beat Hercules at the weekend box office, who would have thought?

Meanwhile the universally slated Transformers 4 will be passing the billion dollar milestone (worldwide). The only movie so far this year to do so.
But it won't even reach $300m at the US box office.

Will Guardians of the Galaxy be the antidote to a lackluster summer at the US box office, we'll find out in a few days time.

Charlize Theron is in Mad Max but I failed to spot her.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
Lucy beat Hercules at the weekend box office, who would have thought?
I am very much intrigued by Lucy. Not just because of the actress in the title role...but because of the concept as explained in the trailer.

And, ScarJo with a gun??? :biggrin:

LUCY-SCARLETT.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah it should be interesting with our girl Scarlett in the lead, They should hurry up and give us a Black Widow movie. Team her up with the new Wonder Woman, oh wait rival comics, damn!

Talking of Scarlett I watched a weird low budget sci-fi horror titled Under the Skin recently and was surprised to see Scarlett parading across the screen wearing nothing at all [gasps] she played a fully frontal alien babe. Scarlett in the altogether was the only compensation for sitting thru this slow moving movie.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes...I've heard great things about certain aspects of Under the Skin!
Whistle.gif

I have my copy and am looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.
drool.gif

I'm surprised you didn't think more of it, Steve. People I know who've seen it, liked it.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It has a weird dreamy quality which didn't appeal to me Mike, let me know what you think of it.

Species was along similar lines and a lot more enjoyable, IMO.

Just saw this quote on Under the Skin - "Finally Species for pompous nerds" ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
Just saw this quote on Under the Skin - "Finally Species for pompous nerds" ;)
Well...if by that you mean pompous nerds who also lust for ScarJo...then count me in! :biggrin:
Species was along similar lines and a lot more enjoyable, IMO.
Ah...Species. Yes, there definitely were things to enjoy about that film, too!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Erm...no, Cees! :laugh:

But, good call on seeing the link between those two names! :thumbsup: (Outside of the link that Steve found between the two films.)

I might have to see if I can find any kind of other comparisons to make between the leads in the two films. If not heard from in a few weeks, send out Sgt. Preston and his dog, King, to search for me! :biggrin:

natasha_henstridge_species_1995_J2hufvX.sized.jpg

rs-560x415-130903094123-1024.scarlett-johansson-under-the-skin-underwear.ls-.9313-copy_1394640417.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw Lucy yesterday. (I am not a Scarlett fan at all, though I seem to end up seeing most of her films due to an interest in the plot of the film.) From the opening, it felt that it was going to have a campy vibe to it and it is kind of goofy. It's entertaining enough as a popcorn movie.

I also saw Wish I was Here. You've pretty much seen the film if you've seen the trailer. Predictable and sentimental but with good performances and some nice moments. I've seen Joey King in a handful of projects now and I think she's going to have a nice career.

Oh phoo -- I forgot about the eggs and boiled them for 40 minutes.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dammit Mike I'm on a diet! Now I have this urge to raid the kitchen. I eat just once a day and drink something called Slimfast in the evening, I find its the fastest way to lose weight, apart from not eating at all that is. Being diabetic helps too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.