What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw Her this weekend. She was pretty good.

I also saw Cold Comes the Night. For the first time ever, I was the ONLY person in the theater. :) I always wanted a "private screening". I enjoyed the movie, though the plot was not very plausible. Bryan Cranston got to do a Russian accent. Good thing I didn't delay as it may not be held over due to popular demand.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[ramble mode on/] Okaaay Oscar noms are in, a few snubs but no real surprises. I've seen 4 of the 9 Best Picture nominees - American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Gravity and The Wolf of Wall Street. All good films, my favorite has to be Gravity and I hope it wins the big one, but it wasn't nominated for screenplay and that reduces its chances. Plus Gravity is science fiction, (not science fact as some like to think it is, in fact it's more sci-fi than Star Wars which has fantasy elements in it.) And Oscar voters rarely seriously consider sci-fi or fantasy or horror, Return of the King being the one big exception. Hanks was snubbed, so was Emma Thompson and Phoenix. The Lone Ranger gets nominated for visual Effects and not Pacific Rim. I want to see Her, I didn't know it was science fiction until a few days ago, problem is I want to look at Scarlett Johanssen more than I want to hear her. :) [ramble mode off/]

Gravity 1058.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Forgot about the Oscar noms -- just had a look at them. No real surprises at all. I've seen 7 of the Best Pictures and can maybe fit in the other 2 if they stay around. I'm quite happy for the "Nebraska" noms. And yay -- "Before Midnight" for Adapted Screenplay. (I didn't know using characters created in a previous screenplay makes this one "adapted".)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
You guys simply need to say my name and I appear. Ron, old buddy, how have you been. It seems HTF has caught up with mobile technology and I am able to stay in touch a bit better. I am only in Fullerton btw.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm trying to do something for the first time here:

How do you post YouTube videos into a response? Not just the URL, but the actual video?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Charles Smith said:
I'm trying to do something for the first time here:

How do you post YouTube videos into a response? Not just the URL, but the actual video?
An actual "Testing" post in Area 51? We usually don't stand for such things here, Charles.

But seeing as how its you... :biggrin:

All you need to do is copy the YT URL into the editor box. After you submit the post, the video will actually be embedded.

Here's an example:

youtube .com/watch?v=TN3MKr9vb3Q (the link with spaces on both sides of "youtube.")

And here is the link with no spaces:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Well, well, well. That simple, eh? Okay, let's see if I'm getting a grasp of the situation. Here goes...

uh, nope! At least not on my browser. Yours was in this format, so...

youtube.com/watch?v=xidF2DTmJu8

And still nothing. Or are you seeing it? I'm only seeing those URLs as links.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
This is crazy. I use Chrome/Win7 and all I see are the links. Tried IE, and I still see only the links.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Okay, I also viewed the thread on the phone, navigating to it on the browser -- (and boy, is that hell!!) -- and again, I only see the links. In that post. In the others, the videos are there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You didn't add any links or anything did you?

You should just paste the text of the URL into the editor and click "post."

I rarely navigate the HTF via phone...but using Firefox and Windows 7 I only see clickable links in post 28516.

I'm going to try and post your first link here:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw 3 films this weekend:

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: It was good, and Chris Pine fit Jack Ryan well. But I really couldn't tell you what the story was about now.

Philomena: Finally got to this one and it was worth it. Unexpectedly humorous considering the subject matter and very touching. Both leads are great.

12 Years a Slave: Frankly, I was not interested in this, but it was the final movie to complete seeing all 9 Oscar nominees. The acting was great as expected, but I didn't care for the film. I'm not sure why it left me cold while others cried around me.

So, having seen all 9 nominees, I don't have a strong favorite. (I only need to see "August: Osage County" to finish seeing all the lead and supporting acting nominations.) I know it's basically a two-horse race between "AH" and "12 Years", but frankly, I would be fine with "Philomena", "Nebraska", "Dallas Buyers Club" or "Gravity".

I realized that 6 out of the 9 nominated films are based on true events.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.