What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Good jobs guessing, you all really are a bunch of movie nerds ;)

I think that just leaves #2 and #5 which are:

#2: SDF-1 Macross from the Macross (aka Robotech) series. Where is Zen when you need him!
#5: This one was the infamous Jefferson Starship :D

*slips offstage while whistling innocently*

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
scene22417.jpg

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Any of you guys get into the Original Trilogy fan-edits at all?

Looked into these years ago and even wound up picking up a copy of the "Faces" LD set.

Doing some research it looks like there are some really good edits out there these days including a 720p version just released that includes some pretty cool restorations including using HD scans of art-books as replacement matte paintings and scans of existing 8/16mm prints.

Cool video on the making of here

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Moe, the screenshot and quotes are from the movie "Dune" (1984).

Elijah, I have fan edits of the Star Wars originals, one of them was quite elaborate from an FX guy working in the industry, he did a professional job restoring the first Star Wars film as much as he could but couldn't resist the urge to add his own special effects to it, more X-wings and the planet Yavin appearing in the background during the final battle, a shame really.

I also have Star Wars the Grindhouse Edition, a faded print full of scratches, jump cuts and bad music. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Christou said:
I also have Star Wars the Grindhouse Edition, a faded print full of scratches, jump cuts and bad music. :)
That's the only fan edit I need! Love the added blood and pimp-talking Vader!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Moe Dickstein said:
I have it from good sources.
Thank you! :) Great movie!

I also have this distinct memory of my Mom watching it (English was not her first language) but laughing at the scene where Dorothy waggles her finger "no" at how her butt looks in a certain skirt.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw Gravity this weekend. Seems like this one really uses 3D to good effect, but I saw the 2D version. I thought it was very good, but the raves and "masterpiece" proclamations seem a bit much to me. Sure, it's quite a technical effects piece, but that in itself doesn't make a film a masterpiece to me. Maybe the use of the character's loss and symbolism felt a little bit heavyhanded. I'm sure we'll see Sandra at the Oscars.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Saw it in 3D and Atmos sound, first thing I've seen in a theater so far this year that I can recall. Thought it was breathaking. One I want to study in great depth once the 3D Blu comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.