What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Some sad news, Testy Droog RickER passed away yesterday from his fight with cancer. He was always a good guy and fun on here. I'll miss his posts and personality.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Oh no, very sad to read that Russ. Rick was only 50 and a long time contributor to this thread. My sincerest condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Rick, you will be missed.

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Steve Christou said:
Oh no, very sad to read that Russ. Rick was only 50 and a long time contributor to this thread. My sincerest condolences to his family.Rest in peace Rick, you will be missed.
RIP Rick.For all that he shared in this thread over the years and the conversations we all had, it was but one aspect of his life. I'm sure he leaves behind an awful lot...Kind of puts it in perspective.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
Some sad news, Testy Droog RickER passed away yesterday from his fight with cancer. He was always a good guy and fun on here. I'll miss his posts and personality.
Dammit.

Thanks, Russell, for letting us know.

Rick was a good man. A funny guy, too...with a really big heart. I am going to miss him.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This is unbelievable. I am really going to miss Rick.

Russell is there any email address that we could all use to send our respects to his wife?

This is going to really bother me for a long time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sorry Parker, I don't have an email. I found out via Facebook. the link to his profile is here:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1637006146&fref=ts

They just posted his funeral arrangements if anyone lived near him in Oklahoma.

"
Funeral arrangements for Rick have been made. Please feel free to come and celebrate his life with us on Friday at 11:00.Community of Christ Church202 W. Main StreetSperry, OK 74073Public viewing is Thursday at:Johnson Funeral Home222 S. Cincinnati AveSperry, OK 74073The funeral home is accepting flowers and has a website:www.johnsonfhsperry.com
— with Richard Brown."

That's all I got. I'm going to miss him too, we chatted a bit over on facebook quite a bit. It's kind of surreal missing someone you never actually met in person. :(

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Like many of you on this forum some of my very best friends are people that have never met in person.

Rick was a comrade in medicine and had a really passion for our little hobby.

Thanks for the information.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If you go to the funeral home webpage there is a condolence book you can sign online. I'm going to do that once I get home.

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Mike Frezon said:
I'm sure the funeral home would forward to the family any notes or cards that are sent...
And this kind of thing can be a real encouragement to the family too.

When my grandfather passed, all kinds of people the family had never met before came by to say how he had been a part of their lives at some point. Lots of younger guys in their mid-40's came by to say that ~25 years earlier he had set them on a good path as their high school tech-ed teacher.

Can be a real comfort to the family to see what kind of effect he has had on others

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Seeing Ricks face for the first time on the facebook page Russ provided...

Rick liked being here in testy, he liked the atmosphere, the silliness, the fact that only a bunch of us were posting here in the bowels of the forum. I remember many years ago when we were posting youtube links for the first time and Rick couldn't get the hang of it and got frustrated and we'd all take it in turns showing him how to post videos, aaah memories. I remember when Russell got lost in a forum skin theme, forgot the name of it, and couldn't get out [wink]. I've archived all the testy pages on my hard drives, one day in the future as an old man I'll flick thru the pages and see the names of the testy droogs and I'll probably have tears in my eyes.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Christou said:
I remember when Russell got lost in a forum skin theme, forgot the name of it, and couldn't get out [wink].
That was the WAP skin. I still have nightmares!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell G said:
That was the WAP skin. I still have nightmares!
I wish we had a screenshot of what that WAP skin looked like Russ, you were really panicking. Why was it created in the first place? I think it was Parker who added it, and was probably he who got you out. Move towards the light!

Whatever happened to some of the other droogs, Jim? Joe? Jack? Zen? Thi Them? Tony? Mark? Elijah.. oh wait.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
Whatever happened to some of the other droogs, Jim? Joe? Jack? Zen? Thi Them? Tony? Mark? Elijah.. oh wait.
I was thinking of Holadem the other day. Didn't he spend some time in here a long ways back?

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Well I guess since the gangs all here, how about an old-school Testy post in honor of Rick; Screencap contest!

Maybe I should have thrown in a couple of tougher ones as I know you guys are gonna pick these apart waaaay too quick

(oh, and sorry for the bit of a Dennis Quaid kick there :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Screencap contests. That brings back some fond memories of some fun threads and interesting puzzles.

1. ???
2. Dreamscape
3. ???
4. The Right Stuff
5. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (the great scene where Spock plays out everyone's fantasy when confronted by an annoying jerk in public.)
6. Innerspace

- Walter.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
1 is super easySNEAKERS! One of my all time favorite movies - I got to meet the two writers a couple weeks ago and they signed my HD-DVD copy.The Spock scene was actually recycled by Nick Meyer from an idea devised for his other time-traveling in San Francisco film, Time After Time.

Users who are viewing this thread