What's new

Testing for "cloudiness"? (1 Viewer)

Paul_III

Agent
I moved about a week ago, and I've noticed since the move that the blacks on my Samsung LN52B750 on the sides appear greyish and what I think may be clouding - last night I was watching something and the screen went all black and it definitely looked like clouding or pictures I've seen online that mention clouding. Now, I got rid of all my furniture before I moved, and am waiting on my new stuff to be delivered next week, so my temporary seating arrangement is much lower than my couch was and will be (I'm sitting on a lovesac which is very low to the ground), so that may account for some of what I'm seeing, also I'm sitting a bit closer to the set than I was in my last place. But I was wondering if there is a test or something I can do? I'm just concerned that something may have gotten damaged during the move, although I literally moved three blocks and packaged it in its original box with the styrofoam etc, so I don't think it could've gotten damaged but I'm not sure how fragile these things are. Also its still under the one year manufacturer's warranty, although I'm not sure that I could prove to them that it is defective since from what I've found "cloudiness" seems to be subjective, any thoughts/opinions/expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
not sure about this.
If you do have clouding, it would not be a manufacturer problem, it would have been caused during the move so it would be your problem (or your movers problem).
good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks