What's new

"TERMINATOR: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazon just listed the release date for the Season 2 blu-ray. It will street on September 22nd.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

...and all 20 fans of the show breathed a collective sigh of relief.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I doubt it will be, seeing as how Lena Headey has been cast as Cersei Lannister in the HBO production of GRR Martin's Game of Thrones series (based on the A Song of Ice and Fire book series).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
And Summer Glau has a contract with Dollhouse now. Not sure where they'd go. Briant Austen Green may also get a slot on Melrose Place.. so...

Shane D

Supporting Actor
ugh no. thats horrible casting.

Originally Posted by Josh Dial

I doubt it will be, seeing as how Lena Headey has been cast as Cersei Lannister in the HBO production of GRR Martin's Game of Thrones series (based on the A Song of Ice and Fire book series).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Shane D

ugh no. thats horrible casting.
I actually think it's pretty good. Of course I, like many others, would have preferred Tricia Helfer, Lena Headey is fine by me. She may look odd as a blonde, however...

Shane D

Supporting Actor
not to me,
from wikipedia:

Tywin's eldest child by mere moments, Cersei is the twin sister of Jaime Lannister and matches his beauty, with golden hair, bright green eyes and a lush, curvaceous body

doesnt sound like lena headey at all. not to mention there is about 4 years difference between her and the guy playing jaime.

course im just bitter over martin not lifting a finger to finish up ice and fire and is working on all his other stuff instead, like other book series and tv pilots that go no where.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Hey, not that any HTF'ites would fall for these sorts of rumors, but, regarding the rumors that there will be a Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles direct-to-video movie, the series composer Bear McCreary recently wrote this on his blog (a couple weeks ago):

“There have been a lot of rumors going around about a possible Direct to DVD movie or continuation of the series. Have you heard anything about this, or is it merely rumor?”
Hey, yes I’ve heard many if not all of these rumors. I can only counter rumor with another rumor, but I’ve heard from sources very high up the creative totem pole of T:TSCC that there is no continuation of the story in the works at this time. A straight-to-DVD movie may have been considered by WB earlier in the year, but the bankruptcy of Halcyon and a myriad of other factors scuttled it before it could gain any traction.
I know this is disappointing, but I believe we told a great story, one that did have some resolution. And I’m personally still hopeful that the story might get picked up again in some form or another one day. However, as you can see from this article, the rights to the franchise are currently a bit in limbo, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I am proud of the 2-season arc we accomplished as it stands and hope fans will continue to enjoy it over time.
No Fate,
-Bear Left by Bear McCreary on October 1st, 2009

Another article that should be of interest is a writer's advice article written by Josh Friedman, the showrunner of T:SCC:

http://io9.com/5347563/the-questions-you-shouldnt-answer-and-the-answers-you-cant-let-go-of

A teaser excerpt:
Which lead us to this: there will always be a point in your world-building when the world you've built outgrows the scope of the story you're telling. The edges are fuzzy; the next town over is mysterious. Perhaps you've hinted at something which suggests something else, which would really turn things on its fucking head IF you were to go down that path BUT YOU ARE NOT.
Not now. Not yet. And possibly, never. If you're world-building well, your world should feel full and alive and bustling in the corners, even if you've never actually made it over to the corner to see what the fuck is going on there. The world is true to your vision, but there is ambiguity and mystery and things undiscovered. I can know a thousand things about my the world I've created, but if there aren't a thousand others just outside of my creative periphery, then I start getting a little sketchy and bored.
This is the type of thing that drives studio and network executives crazy...

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't usually keep track of shows, in terms of whether or not they're cancelled, since I don't watch them when they air but has this show been KO'd? I blind-bought the first season and liked the show enough to buy season 2 and I'm wondering if there's a third season to look forward to on DVD.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco is a decent place to look up show air dates, cancellation status, etc.

Yes, TSCC was cancelled.

Thanks. It's a shame - this show had good potential but it did feel a bit half-assed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks