What's new

"TERMINATOR: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She was an athlete and and a dancer for a long time before she became an actress. Now that she's acting full time, her diet and exercise have probably changed enough to allow her to curve out a bit. I thought she was beautiful before and beautiful now, but what do I know?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

They aren't able to heal themselves. She'll either look worse and worse as she takes more and more damage, or she'll figure out how to synthesize skin like the other terminator did.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
But in T2, after the bullets are extracted from Arnie, she asks if the wounds will heal and he says they will. I always assumed there was some kind of healing ability for cuts and scrapes and things short of catastrophic damage. Also at the end of the episode, when the FBI agent re-encounters Cromartie at the house, Cromartie's scrape on his face has started to heal up.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Minor cuts and wounds and even some larger injuries can be stitched up and eventually heal. As of the first film it was revealed the terminators outer flesh was organic and therefor should work in a simular fashion as a normal humans in regards to healing. Now when large chunks go missing and such logic would dictate that the flesh would decompose.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Which we know to be the case from the first film when Arnie removed his eye and the surrounding tissue, it caused his skin to begin decomposing leading to this famous exchange......

Landlord,
"Hey buddy, you got a dead cat in there or what?"

Arnie,
"Fuck you, asshole."

lol.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, it was revealed in the second movie that its "living tissue over metal endoskeleton," so it should be able to partially heal.

(Also the name of a song by the hilarious band Austrian Death Machine, for the record. :D)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Which makes the whole thing quite intriguing to me. What does it take for tissue to remain living? Not being a biology guy, I have no clue. Some kind of electrical current? Is blood really necessary or is that just part of the camouflage?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What i'm wondering, though is what's pumping this blood? Okay, the cyborgs have living skin over their endoskeletons but they must have something similar to a heart to pump the blood and keep that skin oxygenated and alive.

Analyzing this too much opens up a pandoras box of problems, like the need of a heart, and if they have a heart than they must have some sort of network of "veins" to feed the skin etc...

There, i've gone and gotten a headache. ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Good Premiere but I missed the Voiceovers from S1, it linked it somewhat to the films, also Bear Mcready's music was awesome last year, did they change because musically it was'nt quite as good.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Got to see it on Amazon's Unbox and although I am pissed I had to watch it on a little computer screen I still liked what I saw.

I liked Cameron's pleas a lot. She got very emotional. I like the way we don't know if her plea was a lie and she reset to "good" only after the chip was placed back in (in the junkyard), or if she was sincere that she'd become "good" a split second before Sarah rammed her. Or, if she was motivated by self-preservation and may have been lying in either case. Or if she was still bad but used factual knowledge about her feelings...

Somehow I doubt John and her are going to be comfortable enough (yet) to sit down and have a heart to heart conversation about this yet. Maybe later.

BTW, I thought until now that it was John's uncle who had been in a relationship with Cameron in the future. The way he acted all "she lies she lies!" in season one sounded very much like a jilted lover to me. Now I don't know. Which is good.

"I thought the T-1000 reveal was a bit soon." Yes. He should have started peeing first, and her first words would have been to spit his pee at him.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Oxygen. Cells need oxygen, that is delivered through the blood to every cell in the body. Even skin cells. Of course the most outer layer of skin is dead, sluffs off. That layer would be to thin to cover anything. Anyway, without oxygen, the cells die, the tissue dies, the animal dies.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Not much different than a car pumping coolant. I suppose the pump could be constant instead of rhythmic, as some artificial hearts are. (Although a heartbeat would help it better pass for human in its role as an infiltrator.) And the "living tissue" is more than just skin, you need some soft tissue underneath. Not just to make it feel more real, but skin directly over metal would probably get chipped off too easily....

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I never got a whiny teen vibe from John myself. And now that he has lost the EMO haircut I suspect it is meant as a visible sign that John is ready to step into the leadership role he is destined for. It will be interesting to see how his mother reacts.

BTW, I have some confusion at the beginning of the episode. How did Sarah overpower the dealer that had the Turk? Its like there is a missing scene that will be shown in flashback later. Damn annoying and poorly edited.

The producers said that their TV show is akin to an alternate timeline to the movies if that helps anyone reconcile what is going on.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if there was a really brutal moment that the Fox censors cut out at the last minute.
Everything afterward seemed to imply that John had witnessed something really horrific, but nothing we saw was any worse than what's already happened to these characters.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
That you didn't get to see what he saw was the intention. But yes, it could have been done better. Perhaps if they had held a closeup on his reaction or something. Or if they just didn't try and squeeze it into the musical montage.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From FOX:2x02 - Automatic for the People
FOX - 8/7C
Sarah and Cameron take it upon themselves to investigate a nuclear power plant. John becomes less enthusiastic about academics, but flourishes socially with the help of a new friend. Meanwhile, Catherine Weaver gains another piece of the puzzle for her pet project in the "Automatic for the People" episode of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES airing Monday, Sept. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.This was a strange episode. Flashes of the future war, a man dropped from the future and discarded without much attention. I've never met a girl that acted like Riley did; she served the plot point to get John Connor laid, but I don't get a feel for what her story is. Another episode that felt like chunks were missing. That said, there were parts I really liked. I liked how the radiation at the nuclear plants caused Sarah to have a panic attack in light of her cancer concern. Definitely one of those cases where knowing the future is not a good thing. I think Summer Glau is doing some really interesting things with her performance. She's not just not emoting, she's emoting abnormally. Every scene she's in now is thrown a bit off-kilter. My favorite part was the ending though; all of their struggles and interference simply works to set things on the course that the T-1001 wanted, to the future as it already exists. Of course, what the T-1001 doesn't know is that by saving the plant, she has ensured the survival of a rallying point for the resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks