What's new

"TERMINATOR: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Brian D H

Second Unit

Will,

I'm sorry you missed it. I live in the Denver area and they ran it just before the game at 6:00 local time.

So, if you check the listings you'll see that you could have watched it an hour earlier. Not that I care, but they appeared to have pre-empted the premier of Prison Break entirely.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

I agree 100% regarding Cameron's emotional plea. She was definitely in "mimic mode" at that point. And it was obvious that John understood that as well. I really believe that when he reactivated her and gave her the gun it was with the hope that she would pull the trigger if she was still in "evil mode". I don't think the gun was loaded; and he could have set her on fire at that point which may have given them a fighting chance to escape.

As far as this series: I was just a casual fan until the scene in the last episode of the first season that depicted John's uncle taking him to the park on his birthday. I was totally mesmerized - and enthralled - when John then met his future father (just four years old at this point). That one scene turned me into an unabashed fan of this series!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I also agree. The continual cleaning of the chip must have done the trick.

Neil

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
At least the Garbage lady didnt get peed on before she turned back into a human.
Pretty good episode but nothihng great.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am getting the vibe that John is in love with Cameron.

Also, with regards to the morphing terminator ceo. A couple of things that make no sense.
-Why kill that guy in the bathroom? Just bring unneccesary heat from law enforcement.

-Why does she need the computer programmers and the chess program? She can probably write the code from her own system.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Probably because that's how the Terminators originally were made, so if they didn't start that then they'd fail to exist?

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Like when they destroyed the original Terminator chip and guy from Dyson. The origins of the machines has already changed. She could still create the team to work on the chip. I just don't see why she needed to have the program itself on the hard drive.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
It's bad enough that John Connor - warrior leader of the future - is a whiny teen in most of these episodes. Like Holadem, I am in fear that they will continue along this course.

But, if he's actually stupid enough to have feelings for a Terminator robot (I don't care if she does look like Summer Glau), it totally ruins the show. He is instantly unbelievable as the leader of the humans vs. robots.

Still, like Hammer, I find this show a guilty pleasure right now with a lot of potential. I hope they achieve it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I happen to think it's completely believable, as we have, in no canon-worthy version of the Terminator lore, seen John as having an "us vs. them" mentality. In fact, it seemms quite the opposite, in that John befriended, for lack of a better term, one model (in T2), and then a different model in the series. Moreover, the latter model was directly programmed by John in the future, so it seems quite resonable to me that something just "clicks" with him regarding Cameron.

So here we have the leader of the resistence living his entire life either on the run or as a delinquent youth in foster homes, being chased by criminals, law enforcement, and murderous robots from the future. Also, he is forced to rely on said robots to protect him. All of this during the formative years of his life.

I think it's fair to allow the character some latitude, and I think it fits within the larger framework of the lore as I understand (note, I havn't read Terminator comics or anything of the like -- simply seen the movies).

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

Sarah (his mom) absolutely has an us vs. them mentality. To the point of obsession. She realizes/understands they can be programmed to help, but never trusts them.

John has been hunted by SkyNet since literally before he was in the womb. He has been saddled with the savior role since he was born and understands that machines will turn on humanity.

Not to mention, I've never lived in any of these worlds and just as a red-blooded male, I'm smart enough to understand that a robot can't love and I would never love a robot! So, why would this guy??

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't see John as whiny. I contrast it to the prequels and as much as I like them, Anakin being portrayed the way he is here would have probably made them stronger.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Discussing whether or not a robot can love and has feelings gets us into dangerous waters because, at least personally, I think it comes down to personal beliefes that circles dangerously close to religion talk which of course is a no no here.

I personally believe that robots can never achieve human-level conciousness because they lack a soul. That's my personal beliefe, it doesn't matter how advanced they get and how much they might come close to mimicing us it will never be considered truly alive in my eyes. To me Cameron is no more alive than my toaster or my DVD player, my hot, limber and incredibly sexy DVD player. :D

And in the words of Forrest Gump..."That's all I have to say about that." ;)

I'm shocked the show is even still on the air considering the trigger-happy network it's on, could it be that FOX is finally starting to see the folly of yanking a show after only 3 or 4 eps?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Thinking back to the end of the episode - I don't see her killing the guy as a logical step at all. At the moment this seems to be a plot hole that they just did to do the neat reveal/surprise. Killing your employees is not a good idea if you don't want to draw untoward attention to what they are doing. I'm sure she has some cover up plan, but still it wouldn't seem to be a good idea.

Neil

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She can be him any time she needs to. Maybe she can make it look like he's impaled through the head by a falling tree limb or something.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just FYI, fellas, according to TVGuide.com red isn't a T-1000 but rather a T-1001.

Makes sense considering that the T-1000's default appearance was that of Robert Patrick's.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
This is certainly exacerbated by the comparatively long American TV season.

I wouldn't say that you can't do a good weekly TV series based on Terminators, but this sure ain't it. It quickly goes into Prison Break territory, were week after week, several stupid things have to happen to avoid being massacred by (now) dozens and dozens of unstoppable killing machines.

On a practical note, I don't buy Cameron's combat-chassis-hardened noggin being punctured by that piece of shrapnel in that explosion which basically left the jeep intact. And if so, does she have a crack in her head now? If all her skin heals, can she go swimming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks