What's new

Terminator SE Easter Eggs? (1 Viewer)

Mike Russell

Agent
I think someone already posted this, but i was wondering about all the easter eggs on the new terminator disc. If someone could point me in the right direction i would be ever so gratefull. Thanks.
-MR
------------------
Be as gentle with the faults of others as you are with your own - Egg Shen.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I personally hate these easter eggs. What's up with random interviews that appear throughout? Grrrrrr.
furious.gif
Just make them available.
------------------

Terry H

Second Unit
Easter Eggs SUCK. Clearly, they were not meant to be seen by anyone who values his/her time. I hope no important or interesting interviews were lost to me because of this moronic "feature".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
these are some of the dumbest EGGS i've heard of. why would i want to spend time trying to reload the menu to see a random interview clip like this? please just put these on the menu like a normal feature so we don't have to remember how to find them. if it's random how many are there and how many times will the same interview pop up before we see all of them????? this is just plain dumb. sorry but this is just bad.
[Edited last by TonyD on October 03, 2001 at 10:18 AM]

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
No disrespect to Van Ling, but he seems to have too much free time and a twisted sense of humor to come up with easter eggs like these.
Most of the time, easter eggs are just stupid.

Gavin K

Stunt Coordinator
I found one of the hidden boxes, only because I had time to kill and I knew they were there somewhere. Then I read on DVDreview that a random clip pops up, so I have to do it over and over again.(?!). This is just plain stupid. I understand that things come up after the menus are devised, (yet they can still change the menu enough to hide the EE trigger mechanism, and I understand hiding things as a reward for those who like such things, (I understand, though I disagree), but after clicking once I would have thought that was it. I saw a clip about editing that was interesting, and I'm glad I found it, but I probably wouldn't visit it again anytime soon. So I am not lazy, I searched, and I still would have missed out. What's next? a random placement of the EE so you can never find them?
I certainly don't want to turn this into a bash Van Ling thread, as the rest of the DVD, as well as the other DVDs he has produced (EEs aside), are stunning, detailed, and are some my favorite DVDs. I especially like the chapter search in the ID4 documentary. I'm just curious why he feels the need constantly find new ways to hide and embed stuff.
His defense seems to be that if the advertised features aren't enough to compel one to purchase a DVD, then don't buy it. And his response to threads like these seems to be that if we continue to complain then he will just stop putting EEs on the disc altogether.
Both of these responses seem extreme to me. There has to be some kind of middle ground. The mini interviews are interesting and relevant to me, but I also can see where if they were advertised as an interview with James Cameron and all we got was a few 10 second bits we would be complaining about filler instead of real supplements.
So if you see this Mr. Ling, yes, die hards will always search and find the EEs, and plenty of people who despise them will not make the effort. But I think there are a lot more of us who love the substance of the EEs but don't understand this fascination with uber-secrecy about them. Please keep this in mind in future endeavors.
And please keep up the excellent work.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I can live with Easter Eggs if I have to, but this random crap is too much. If you have the material, and you can only put it on as an EE, then make an icon for each one. I played with this today and there's supposed to be 4 or something and I could only get 3 to keep coming up. It kept going back to the same damn one!

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
OK, after spending a lot of time abusing my DVD-ROM and DVD player, I've made a list of the FIFTEEN Easter Eggs on the Terminator disc. They're all small little interview snippets that were cut out of the "Other Voices" documentary.
All of these are on Side A of the disc and run from 30 seconds to 2 minutes; I've included the title and chapter listings because some DVD-ROM and DVD players can easily access these by putting in the correct numbers.
(Note: I could not get to two more interview segements--one is in the Languages and the other is in the Chapter Selection menus. Perhaps another HTF member could fill us in on those eggs.)
(Highlight "Francais" and press right to highlight a small box.)
TITLE 2 CHAP 6 - Stan Winston talks about his beginnings in special effects makeup.
TITLE 2 CHAP 7 - Michael Biehn talks about one his favorite scenes in the film.
TITLE 2 CHAP 8 - Mark Goldblatt and James Cameron talk about how the film was edited and the fight against studio pressure.
TITLE 2 CHAP 9 - Mark Goldblatt and Michael Biehn talk about a pair of deleted scenes.
(Highlight "Resume Film" and press down to highlight a small box.)
TITLE 2 CHAP 11 - Michael Biehn talks about researching the character of Kyle Reese.
TITLE 2 CHAP 12 - Michael Biehn talks about collaborating with James Cameron.
TITLE 2 CHAP 13 - Gale Anne Hurd, James Cameron and Brad Fidel talk about the mono soundtrack (for the record, Cameron and Hurd say they ran outta money to do a stero soundtrack).
TITLE 2 CHAP 14 - Brad Fiedel talks about his beginnings in film music and James Cameron talks about the score.
(Go to Chapters 13 - 16 and highlight "Main Menu." Then press down to highlight another small box.)
TITLE 2 CHAP 16 - Brad Fiedel talks about the film's score.
TITLE 2 CHAP 17 - William Wisher talks about the editing of the script and the film.
TITLE 2 CHAP 18 - William Wisher talks about the novelization.
TITLE 2 CHAP 19 - William Wisher and James Cameron talk about their collaboration on the screenplay.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on October 03, 2001 at 09:11 PM]

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I was rude enough towards Mr. Van Ling to have my post deleted in the earlier thread. Without repeating my insult, and getting banned, I will add my voice to those who are irritated that we need to go to dvd file to learn how to access material that the studio would willingly provide on the dvd without the games.
Some of us have lives to live, but still enjoy learning about the movies we watch. Ah well, Mr. Van Ling is who he is, and we must endure his predilections.
[Edited last by Bill McCamy on October 03, 2001 at 11:30 PM]

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
You guys really crack me up. Any disc that this guy (Van Ling) touches is top notch in terms of A/V quality (for a non-anamorphic transfer, The Abyss is exceptional). I paid under twenty dollars for T2:SE and there is no way that I am going to complain about what I got. Even if the extended version wasn't included (which I'm glad it was).
Point being that they happen to be some of the finest discs in my library.
Also, he also happens to be a decent person. During a chat, he actually stayed after it was officially over to answer any additional questions that we had.
That being said, it's fine to have an opinion on any given subject, but for someone who has been a friend of this forum, I think he deserves a little more respect than what's been given as of late.
Some of you make him out to be the anti-Christ.
And for those who find his response in the previous thread to be insulting, can you really blame the guy? Some of the attacks on him were clearly out of character for what this forum is suppose to represent. He probably would've been more receptive to criticism if those concerns were voiced as constructive feedback.
------------------
-Dwayne

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
I really don't like Easter Eggs either. But, I think that is is an evil that we have to live with. but, to make it a little easer to find them, and other little tid bits about the movies, check out the site http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/easter_eggs.php or http://www.eggscentral.com/
------------------
Jeff Blair
AIM blairj2
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln
My DVD's

Terry H

Second Unit
He probably would've been more receptive to criticism if those concerns were voiced as constructive feedback.

Fine. Here is some constructive feedback for the studios. I enjoy interviews and extras but have neither the time or inclination to screw around with "easter eggs". If the entire content of the disk is not easily accessible to me via the menu I don't need to purchase your product.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Add me to the list of people who really appreciate Mr. Ling's contributions to the dvd world, but think Easter eggs are a total waste of time.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
If the entire content of the disk is not easily accessible to me via the menu I don't need to purchase your product.
You're (or will be) missing out on some truly wonderful DVD product:
T2:UE
TPM
Citizen Kane
The Godfather Trilogy
Fight Club
X-Men
and countless others.......
Of course, that's assuming that you haven't purchased any titles with EEs on them. If so, let me congratulate you on having both strong and true convictions.
------------------
-Dwayne

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Dwayne on this one. I'm sure there are some lovely bare-bones MGM titles around that have no Easter Eggs whatsoever so you can avoid the obviously terrible stress that these must be causing you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks