What's new

Terminator 4 (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Don't forget, it's the future he's coming from in the first place. That's were they are!
And why did all those models that came to the past look like him? If the movie is about that part of the timeline, we may need dozens of Arnies to make it all more probable. ;)

Cees

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

That might actually work for me, you can use Arnold to explain Skynet's using Arnold to create the T800 used to infultrate human settlements. But no time travel.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

GL has been intimately involved with every single SW film ever made, either as creator, story outliner, director, executive producer, etc. I truly don't think you would want to see a Star Wars film that didn't involve Lucas in one of those capacities.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

I believe from my memory of the movies, that in the future there were several different looks to the terminators. When we see a flash forward of a terminator infiltrating the resistance base, it doesn't look like Arnold. The Terminator that was sent back in the first movie just happened to be the Arnold model. I believe it was explained that the next ones that were sent back were chosen to be the same Arnold style ones so that the Connors would recognize and relate to them, or something like that. So it is left open within the storyline that it doesn't have to be Arnold, and that wouldn't break the continuity.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Well, what I meant is that having a T-800 Arnie-lookalike coming back from the future yet again seems a bit of a cliche -- one could almost imagine John Connor going "oh no not again..." as the Governator shows up.

So a future war, with just exoskeletons and other machines going at it full-bore might be interesting - although I can imagine that without the Arnie element, it could be seen as just another sci-fi movie and not a Terminator movie? Oh well. Let's see.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Well, Lucas needs to stay far away from directing, writing and editing. I guess his only real talents are in coming up with the stories and concepts.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Come on Tim, didn't you know that the entire internet is a giant thread made specifically for bashing George Lucas?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
As bad as Terminator 3 sucked, I think they need to let the Terminator series die a dignified death.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I enjoyed T3 in the theater, not so much the second and third time. Still, I think there is enough material to make for an entertaining film.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
LOL, awesome photo!

Here's my pride and joy that I have hanging up.

I won't say no to a 4th Terminator, but I don't expect another T2 out of this franchise.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I always thought the point of the Terminator films, especially the second one, was that it was about preventing war. T2 was actually a pretty good anti-war movie. I liked how in the first two, they showed glimpses of the future war, showing how terrible it would be. Then T3 came along and said, "Nope, there's going to be a war alright, forget those other two movies."

Having a Terminator movie set in the future war sort of goes completely against the first two. And its a big sell-out idea by the studios.

The Terminator is nothing without James Cameron.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

The Terminator is more than James Cameron. Arnie and Linda Hamilton were also integral to the success of the first two films.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, we had a Terminator film without Cameron, and I disliked it. A LOT. So I'd be willing to bet Cameron is far more vital to the series than Arnold or Linda.

But I think Cameron is more vital to his films than any other element in them. So I am biased.

As for T4, is Cameron involved? No? Then I have zero interest.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Actually that was one thing I thought was great about T3. I take it as "Humankind's fate is for this war to be inevitable because we keep playing around with and improving technology". The original SkyNet was just one way for it to happen but it would happen another way if we keep screwing around with technology and could not be avoided . "We" have no fate as in the whole human race but the human race didn't change, only two people, and that was not enough to stop the inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks