What's new

"Terminator 3000" - newest Terminator film will be PG-13 and CGI (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I don't know what to think of this news. It sounds like a bad idea. Hannover House & Red Bear Entertainment are partnering up to develop a new Terminator film called "Terminator 3000". In a nutshell, this is what's planned for the new film:

1) "Terminator 3000" will be a CGI animated feature film.

2) Budget is $70 million.

3) Characters & situations will be based on the first Terminator film.

4) Story is still secret but the film will be geared toward kids. They're going for a PG-13 rating in the US.

5) Violence will be minimized.

News LINK

There's always a chance that nothing will come of it and we'll be back at square one: no film. The "Terminator" films (TV shows & games as well) is one of the weirdest franchises when it comes to figuring out "what to do next". No one seems to have a grasp on how to go about it.

Any thoughts?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joey Gunz

Any thoughts?

My first thought is that this sounds like a bogus rumor or something that won't actually happen. And if it does happen, the rating means less to me than them making a good movie (Terminator 3 is R rated and it's shit). After Terminator 3, it's all but impossible to 'ruin' the series any further so I don't really care if they make a Saturday morning cartoon aimed at 5 year olds using the characters. No matter what they do with the franchise, there's always the first two movies.

That being said, I'm sure people will freak out over this.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Well, it looks like this film is already in trouble because a "cease & desist" letter was sent from Pacificor (who owns the rights to the Terminator franchise) to Hannover House to stop them from making it. Once again, no one seems to know who owns what.

Story LINK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks