What's new

Television programming in letterbox format. (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Bruce,

I do have Time-Warner cable. My box is a Sci/Atl 3100HD, so yes, it specifically has "HD" on it. Does yours have component video output? If so, you should go to channel 201, which is Hi-Def PBS, and has the best-looking picture of all of the HD channels. If you cannot see anything on channel 201, then you probably don't have an HD box. The same goes for 211 (ABC), 217 (NBC), 250 (FOX), and 255 (CBS).

The box "upconverts" 720p to 1080i, so my television has never seen a true 720p image, but I don't think it would support it anyway.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm also a Time Warner NC customer. You need the HD box. I'm guessing that you aren't watching the digital stations. You ought to get the new box, you'll love it.

I want to push TW to get a box out with firewire outputs. I look forward to the "tivo" boxes, but I don't know how or if they'll support HD.

I also want TWCNC to start carrying more digital channels. I don't know what all is available, but at the very least, they could add the discovery HD channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks