What's new

Teenage telephone troubles (1 Viewer)

DaveNel

Second Unit
Well my Daughters got an extra surprise this morning (LOL)

I get in my semi to keave this morning, But when I came back home at 7:00, They asked why I didnt stay out like normal. I replied well Im not longer an OTR ( over the road driver ) I am local now :D You shoulda seen there little faces it was like Huh what ya mean.. I no longer stay out 2-4-6 weeks and longer any more .. Home every night ..

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like that's a real positive change for the longterm, Dave, though they may hate it in the shortterm. Good luck to you.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Well the revenue isnt quite as good, I guess 20 years OTR and 2,000,000 miles at 100,000 a year its really bout time to commit to local anyway. I seen enough (LOL)

Actually thats my verified miles, By my actual hubs and odometer I usually drive 150 to 160,000 miles a year..

DaveNel

Second Unit
You know actually to sit here and think I am as much to blame, I didnt realize I was gone as much as I was but alot of the times Hell I was out 2-3 months at a time. And when I was hauling for the NBA I was out 5-7 months straight..

So Im putting 1/2 the blame on me also..

EricWilliam

Agent
uh, hmmm..you need to check your math again...even at 150,000 miles a year for 20 years only equals 3,000,000 miles..

DaveNel

Second Unit
Here reread what I typed, I said that was my verified paid miles was an average of 100,000 miles a year, But I actually drove 150,00 Miles a year :)

I know I drove more than 2,000,000 Miles but never was paid for them..

At 100,000 paid miles a year for 20 years is 2,000,000 Miles

I get paid by the Household movers guide, They control the miles. Like Cincinnati to Indianapolis is 94 Miles, Well when the computer puts in Indianapolis, My pay starts on the other end, I lose 15 miles because of that Book miles..

Some companies use a program called PC Miler, Some Use Rand Mcnalley and so on..

When we are on a loop around a city its basically dead miles, Lessen you get paid Hub miles, Thats miles that are counted at the end of a run. Its a device that connects to the wheel either on the tractor, and or trailer that is very acurate...

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

Are you married? If so, where has your wife been throughout these trying times. Sounds like she should have some input to the sitution as well.

J

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

:confused: Why would this thread need to be locked?

Dave, it's a good change for you to be home every night. Sounds like your daughters need that kind of presence in the home to make better choices and have you available when they have questions. You have your work cut out for you.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks