What's new

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series Set? (1987) (1 Viewer)

Xaryen

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hi all. I started collecting this series and so far I've got up to season 4. I know they've released up to season 9 so far, meaning the final season, 10, should hopefully be released sometime this year. My question is: Does anyone know if there are any plans to release a complete series set? That would be great! I was gonna order the rest of the seasons I needed but if a series set is coming around the corner I would wait for it instead. Thanks!

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
I kinda doubt it. Honestly, I'm not expecting to see season 10 any time soon either. If someone knows more about this than me then feel free to correct me, but I believe it would be up to Nickelodeon to release any more of the seasons or a complete series set because I think the rights went to them from LionsGate.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yeah Nickelodeon owns the rights to the entire franchise except for the movies so expect any future release from them or perhaps Shout Factory.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
I don't believe that's correct. Fred Wolf who produced the show has retained the rights. To further that point, the sale of the franchise from Mirage to Nickelodeon took place at the tail end of 2009 and the last season to release, season 9, came out just this past August of 2011 from Lions Gate. As far as a complete series set goes, anything is possible, though I don't personally expect it. A lot of fans are hopeful that Season 10 may be announced to release this Summer/Fall at some point to catch some of the buzz surrounding the new series starting as well as the new action figure line and the comic book from IDW that started this past year. Also note that in addition to the Season 10 episodes, two other episodes were skipped over and have not really been acknowledged by Lions Gate. Those are Once Upon a Time Machine and the hour-long special Planet of the Turtleoids.

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Really they don't need to even release a full season 10 since 4 of the season's 8 episodes were released on the first volume set in 2004. Seems to me they should just release one disc with those 4 episodes and the 2 missing episodes(3 technically since one is an hour long). I also wish that they would continue the season releases of the 2003 cartoon series. They released them in volumes with 3-5 episodes per disc and then later released the first 2 seasons complete and I wish they'd finish it up. They've only got season 3 and I think part of Season 4 to release in this format. Then there's also the Back To The Sewer season that hasn't been released in any format.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
DSmith1984 said:
Really they don't need to even release a full season 10 since 4 of the season's 8 episodes were released on the first volume set in 2004. Seems to me they should just release one disc with those 4 episodes and the 2 missing episodes(3 technically since one is an hour long). I also wish that they would continue the season releases of the 2003 cartoon series. They released them in volumes with 3-5 episodes per disc and then later released the first 2 seasons complete and I wish they'd finish it up. They've only got season 3 and I think part of Season 4 to release in this format. Then there's also the Back To The Sewer season that hasn't been released in any format.
That is something I would really love for Nick to do. I bought all of the 2-disc releases of the 2k3 show including fast forward, but I held off on buying any of the individual volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks