1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Technics SE-9021 Stereo Power Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by BraveHeart123, Dec 17, 2011.

1. BraveHeart123

BraveHeart123 Second Unit

I have a vintage seperates Technics cassette deck. It's biting dust in the store. I want to take the amp (Technics SE-9021 60 wpc @8 ohms)out of the rig and use it as external amp to power my mains (Klipsch RF-82 II) in 5.1 HT setup. The amp is in perfect working condition and original shape. I was thinking of buying external amp, but thought why not give this a shot. Coz if it works, it will save me a lot of money. Any thoughts on whether it would work???

2. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

The Technics SE-9021 is already an "external amp". No need to take it apart. Simply feed the Left and Right channels using the analog outs of your Audio/Video Reciever (AVR) into the Left and Right inputs of the Technics SE9021.

3. BraveHeart123

BraveHeart123 Second Unit

Do you think 60 wpc on Technics amp will be enough to power RF-82 II (150 Watts)?? I guess these old amps are rated with true power coz it was paired with Technics 3 way 150 watts rms speakers, which would literally rock the gutts inside with excellent bass.

4. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

Yes.