What's new

Team America Rated vs. Unrated (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
What is the difference between the rated and unrated version of Team America? I only see a 1 minute difference between the two time wise. Thanks.

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator
Only part of the sex scene was removed for theatrical release. They removed some "over-the-top" stuff.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Make that "scatological puppet sex". If you do not know the definition of "scatological", then trust me, you want the theatrical version. If you do know the definition, ...uhhh, you still want the theatrical version (unless you are very, very weird).;)

Seriously, I've heard the added material of the unrated version really takes a formerly funny scene a bit too far, even for hardcore fans of Matt and Trey.

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I had bought the R-rated version. The added seconds seem like they were added just to give the MPAA something to demand to cut. Or to be able to market an unrated version. But what's there is icky and diverted from my enjoyment of the film.

Jace_A

Second Unit
Parker has stated that the only reason the scenes were put into the film was so that the MPAA would demand they be cut for an "R" rating. Apparently, he wasn't too keen on re-inserting them into the DVD and, having viewed them, I have to agree.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Still funny though. Although it wasn't as simple as they had hoped they still had to submit it 10 times to get the "R".

--Ian

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I normally hate gross-out humor, but I thought the added bits were among the movie's funniest. They're so insanely over the top that they're amusing...

Dave_Hughes

Auditioning
I got the unrated version and wish I hadn't. That addition to the sex scene is over the line for me. I like the movie well enough to double dip and get the R rated version. Just wish I got it to begin with.
BTW - I got the soundtrack album when it came out last year. I recommend that as well.

DH

Adam_R

Second Unit
I can't belive you guys are sorry you got the unrated version over a couple seconds of fake pooing and peeing.

:)

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
i too was annoyed by the pooping. i could have lived with the peeing, i mean "what the hell is wrong with german people!", but the poop was too much.

For myself I can deal with it, even though it kinda ruins the scene, but it hampers my ability to watch it with certain other people. my mom for instance was enjoying it up unitl that exact moment, and then she got up and left.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Seeing what other movies have added to their so called "unrated" special editions, I'd say this is finally one movie that deserves an "unrated" label. I can't count how many movies with the "unrated" label that are just lame bits added into the film that wouldn't make the MPAA cut them in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks