What's new

TCM VAULT COLLECTION (UNIVERSAL): Douglas Sirk Filmmaker Collection in September (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JoeDoakes

How were you led to believe that the sets would contain pressed discs? The TCM website seems to be completely vague to me. Personally, I do think that it should be more transparent regarding the pressed version DVD-R nature of the disc, but I don't think the website's vagueness constitutes dishonesty.

In regards to previous sets, other people inquired on the subject and were told that the sets would contain pressed discs, while the single releases of the same films would be MOD discs.

MU may not have said anything- which is why I took it as S.O.P. that what I was ordering was a true pressed disc. If what you are getting is burned, I think they should feel some obligation to make the consumer aware of that.

But even then, that probably wouldn't have prevented me from ordering. What would have was knowing the shoddy fashion in which they pack and ship their discs out. Especially when I'm being hit up $5 for shipping.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by Paul_Scott

In regards to previous sets, other people inquired on the subject and were told that the sets would contain pressed discs, while the single releases of the same films would be MOD discs.

MU may not have said anything- which is why I took it as S.O.P. that what I was ordering was a true pressed disc. If what you are getting is burned, I think they should feel some obligation to make the consumer aware of that.

But even then, that probably wouldn't have prevented me from ordering. What would have was knowing the shoddy fashion in which they pack and ship their discs out. Especially when I'm being hit up $5 for shipping.

I think you should have asked for a replacement or a refund. Still, I am pleased that the TCM program exists. Given the sorry state of current releases of catalog films, and the many unreleased Universal titles that interest me, I hope it continues for some time.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
A decade before the rain cried for Robert Blake in In Cold Blood (1967) ...

... There's Always Tomorrow (1956).

TCM is offering a "bruised box" sale for $32 through its on-line shop, in case anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks