What's new

TCM: Spotlight: Errol Flynn Adventures Collection (July 27th) ? (1 Viewer)

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Here's the scoop. Still a question mark in the title because there's no official announcement, yet.
Classicflix reports that the promised Errol Flynn set from Warner will be released on August 3rd this year.

It'll be a 5 disc set with:

• Desperate Journey
  • Edge of Darkness
  • Northern Pursuit
  • Uncertain Glory
  • Objective, Burma!
Here's the artwork:

Must buy purchase for me and it's good to see so many Warner sets in June and July and I hope there'll be some more pleasant surprises this year.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Awesome!

Thank you WB. This is finally giving me substantial hope that the Harlows, Fritz Langs, etc.. .won't all end up in the archive.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
will the titles be available as individual titles because I already have Objective Burma?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
If the past is any indication, they will be pressed DVD's and they will not be sold individually. This is really good news for the Errol Flynn fans, especially the release of EDGE OF DARKNESS and the other War related films. I hope this means we will get another Flynn in the future that includes FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG and another western collection. But then, when they release the TCM collection, Warner Archive might just put together those smaller Flynn titles, such as FOOTSTEPS as a tie-in as they have done before.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by kingfish

will the titles be available as individual titles because I already have Objective Burma?

It will probably be cheaper to buy the boxset than the other four titles individually. By the way, I have Objective Burma on two different DVD releases besides this one.

Crawdaddy

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If it happens I'll buy it for sure. I really enjoyed the other Flynn sets.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by ahollis

If the past is any indication, they will be pressed DVD's and they will not be sold individually. This is really good news for the Errol Flynn fans, especially the release of EDGE OF DARKNESS and the other War related films. I hope this means we will get another Flynn in the future that includes FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG and another western collection. But then, when they release the TCM collection, Warner Archive might just put together those smaller Flynn titles, such as FOOTSTEPS as a tie-in as they have done before.
I'd love to have Footsteps from the Archive!

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Frankly I'd be stunned if any Flynn fan didn't already have Objective, Burma. It's been available for years now in multiple configurations. I'll likely get the set but that does seem like a completely unnecessary double-dip. It's not like the previous versions were somehow lacking.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by mdnitoil

Frankly I'd be stunned if any Flynn fan didn't already have Objective, Burma. It's been available for years now in multiple configurations. I'll likely get the set but that does seem like a completely unnecessary double-dip. It's not like the previous versions were somehow lacking.

Yeah Warner, just give us the four WWII war films that haven't been released beforehand in this boxset.

Crawdaddy

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Having seen Footsteps in the Dark, I think the Archives is the best place for it, though I hope more Flynn films are released on pressed DVDs.

(I would love to see the Jean Simmons-Stewart Granger film Footsteps in the Fog in a future noir collection from whichever studio owns it.)

In any case, I am really excited about this upcoming Errol Flynn box set release, and I wonder what, if any extras, will be included.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I must say I am surprised to see another Errol Flynn set. Dont get me wrong, I'm happy for any classic film releases these days, but I never thought Flynn would have enough name recognition in today's market to warrant a 4th box set. Maybe its just like Esther Williams, I wouldnt have thought her box sets sell well but I was wrong there too.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Excellent! Apart from that artwork which makes it look as if they are trying to sell it to modern audiences. Please - keep artwork classic in keeping with the films!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks