1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TCFHE Press Release: Vanishing Point (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    IT’S THE MAXIMUM TRIP…AT MAXIMUM SPEED
    Vanishing Point

Speeds Onto Blu-ray Disc February 24
    From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

“A fascinating road movie with mystical overtones.”
    - TV Guide’s Movie Guide

“In a time when vacant retreads such as The Fast and the Furious are the problem, Vanishing Point is the answer.”
    - Peter Kenis, Rolling Stone

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – Watch carefully because everything happens fast. The chase. The desert. The shack. The girl. The roadblock. The end. Take a death defying road trip across the American Southwest in high definition as Vanishing Point debuts on Blu-ray Disc February 24 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Director Richard Sarafian’s car chase classic comes to Blu-ray Disc delivering the ultimate high as ex-marine, ex-race car driver Kowalski (Barry Newman; “Petrocelli") takes to the road in his 1970 Dodge Challenger. Vanishing Point follows the ride of a lifetime as Kowalski, the last American hero, races from Denver to San Francisco with the police on his trail. Attempting to reach “the vanishing point” where man and vehicle become one, he quickly becomes a media sensation thanks to a blind disc jockey with a police radio scanner.

Boasting powerful supporting performances by an all-star cast including Emmy® winner* Cleavon Little (Blazing Saddles) and Oscar® winner** Dean Jagger (Twelve O' Clock High), the Vanishing Point Blu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.99 U.S. / $37.99 Canada. Prebook is January 14, 2009
    * 1989: Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series (“Dear John”)
    **1950: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Twelve O’ Clock High)

Special Features
    Presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 DTS Master Audio, Spanish and French Mono as well as English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin and Korean Subtitles, the Vanishing Point Blu-ray Disc contains an array of bonus features including:
    · NEW HD Interactive 1970 Dodge Challenger
    · NEW HD “Built for Speed: A Look Back at Vanishing Point” – A making-of featurette
    · NEW HD “OA-5599” – A featurette about the Dodge Challenger
    · NEW “Cars, Cops , and Culture 70’s Trivia Track”
    · NEW Vanishing Point Trivia Challenge – In-movie trivia challenge
    · NEW “Super Soul Me” – This BonusView feature goes behind the scenes of one of the first all-rock film soundtracks. Includes interviews with many of the original artists who recorded the soundtrack like Leslie West of “Mountain,” Kim Carnes, Laura Creamer of the all girl group “Eve,” Jimmy Walker, Delaney Bramlett of “Delaney & Bonnie & Friends” as well as legendary DJ Jim Ladd
    · A branched UK version boasting nearly ten minutes of additional footage
    · Commentary by director Richard Sarafian
    · TV spots
    · D-Box Compatible

Synopsis
    Thrills, spills and a handful of pills. It all adds up to one of the most spectacular car chases in motion picture history! Barry Newman stars as Kowalski, the last American hero, who set out to prove that he can drive from Denver to San Francisco in just fifteen hours. Along the way, he meets an old prospector (Dean Jagger), a snake worshipper, a nude woman on a motorcycle, and a blind D.J. (Cleavon Little) who "sees" danger ahead in this super-charged, action-packed adventure!

Vanishing Point Blu-ray Disc
    Street Date: February 24, 2009
    Prebook Date: January 14, 2009
    Suggested Retail Price: $34.99 U.S./$37.99 Canada
    Total Run Time: 106 minutes
    Catalog #: 2252714
    U.S. Rating: R
    Canadian Rating: PG
    Closed Caption: Yes

2. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    This cracked me up. I'm almost willing to bet the Quebec censor's rating on this will be G.

3. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Well-Known Member

Mine!!

Love this movie. The commentary is great for those who dont have the SDVD and/or havent heard it. Glad to see new extras as well

[​IMG]

4. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Well-Known Member

Jack
  5. Greg_D_R

Greg_D_R Well-Known Member

Those do look fantastic. Really shows that Blu Ray can preserve detail vs DVD, even on older material. One of my favorite movies, I'm stoked.

6. Justin_S

Justin_S Well-Known Member

Those captures are stunning. Really looking forward to this in spite of the fact that the BR was announced about two days after I finally bought the DVD.