1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TCFHE Press Release: The Bridge Season 1 (Blu-ray) (DVD)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img2.jpg

The Bridge Season 1
    This gripping crime thriller set on the U.S.-Mexico border has emerged as one of TV’s most acclaimed new shows. When a murder victim is discovered on the bridge connecting El Paso and Juarez, detective Sonya Cross (Diane Kruger) must work with her Mexican counterpart, Marco Ruiz (Demian Bichir), to catch a serial killer terrorizing both sides of the border. But their investigation will uncover shocking secrets and relentless danger that neither of them could possibly have imagined.
    Special Features ● Building The Bridge ● Ciudad Juarez: The Other Side of The Bridge with Damien Cave ● Deleted Scenes ● Audio Commentary
    The Bridge Season 1 Blu-ray
    Street Date: June 24, 2014 Prebook Date: May 28, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1 Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Subtitles: English/Spanish/French U.S. Rating: TV-MA Total Run Time: 645 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes
    The Bridge Season 1 DVD
    Street Date: June 24, 2014 Prebook Date: May 28, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1 Audio: English 5.1 DD Subtitles: English/Spanish/French U.S. Rating: TV-MA Total Run Time: 656 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Well-Known Member

Sean
    Foxconect has this for $16.00 with Promo Code "TUBE" during today's TV Flash Sale:

http://www.foxconnect.com/the-bridge-season-71.html

Everybody should buy Season One of The Bridge for $16.00. Here's why:

This is basically the only Fox TV Blu-ray left that is NOT released on Blu-ray in either Germany or Japan by Fox. In Germany, Fox released the series on DVD only, and in Japan, the series is released by SPO on DVD only. It has also been released by Fox in Australia, Italy and Spain on DVD only as well.

This makes the chances of any future seasons on BD very slim. Look at the other Fox/FX shows that Fox stopped releasing on BD. The exceptions, like American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy have been released in multiple countries on Blu-ray, including Germany, so the international discs help subsidize each other. I did not realize it before, but so far, The Bridge has only been released on Blu-ray in the US and Canada. Fox has cancelled future Blu-rays other shows with the same limited Blu-ray release, like Bones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie and Modern Family. Season 5 of Glee is up in the air on Blu-ray for the US--the pre-order is there, but we don't know if it will come, and it's seemingly cancelled in the UK. All of the cancellations mentioned above were this year.

The fact that The Bridge has been discounted so heavily so soon after release is also a disturbing sign. Ten weeks after release, a multi-disc Blu-ray TV season is being offered for more than 73% off its $59.99 MSRP.

So if you want to ensure more seasons of The Bridge (and other series) are released on BD from Fox, my advice is to buy Season One now and show support. I am buying it, and I have a prejudice against it, because I so enjoy the original Nordic version. But I will view it on the Blu-ray release.

3. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

In a similar vein, Fox's Blu-ray TV releases are so infrequent that I wasn't even completely confident that they'd release 24: Live Another Day on Blu-ray. An announcement is still some time off but given how they've dropped basically all comedies on Blu-ray, I won't be that surprised if Fox doesn't release The Simpsons on Blu-ray this year.

4. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Well-Known Member

Sean
    New 24 will always be a lock for Blu-ray because of its strong international appeal. It is probably the lone Fox series that is released on Blu-ray in every major market in Western Europe and Japan combined.

TravisR likes this.