1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TCFHE Press Release: In Old Arizona

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    No, it's available for preorder from Amazon, Foxconnect and other retailers.

2. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Well-Known Member

Glen
    Thanks for the info. I wonder if the Father's Day exclusives like we saw at Walmart and Target just a couple of years ago are done. Between MGM and Fox there were some great deals, but I don't remember if there were any last year. I hope we hear about more vintage westerns and war movie Blus coming out for the holiday in June.

3. Ken Volok

Ken Volok Well-Known Member

Ken Volok
    I don't get the Twilight Time limited eidtion farm out. This isn't to impugn Twilight Time's product which by all accounts is first rate. But their discs are more expensive than Criterion and there's yet to be one to justify $65 for a single film... Maybe I'm bitter I can't afford some of the titles BUT it really does cut off a lot of great films from a good many audiences. Certainly aren't going to be getting many blind purchases.
    :(
    Just say Walsh's "The Big Trail" in Fox grandeur, amazing. Highly recommend.

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    It was not mentioned as a Walmart exclusive in the press information I received.

5. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Well-Known Member

First off, Fox had better not farm out its A westerns to Twilight time, but The Ox-Bow Incident, My Darling Clementine, and The Gunfighter I could see Criterion being interested in. Also, considering the very poor state of The DVD of MDC, I'm happy that Fox is doing more work on that title.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Why shouldn't they?

7. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I wouldn't mind if Fox followed up with

CiscoKid-1931.jpg

8. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Premium
    Supporter

Ray
    It's too bad Fox never put out a Cisco Kid box set with the Romero films too.

9. Ken Volok

Ken Volok Well-Known Member

Ken Volok
    The first film available on DVD and blu-ray should have been "The Jazz Singer" , and the ony title available the first 30 days.

10. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Well-Known Member

Westerns I feel are more marketable than some other genres and also could move more units and generate more sales for Fox than say, soap operas. I personally have nothing against Twilight Time, but Fox really should consider films like TOBI, MDC, Bravados, and Gunfighter marketable due to the prescence of Gregory Peck and Henry Fonda in those films. They are two of the more bankable classic actors IMO. If Fox or Criterion released these, they would also reach a wider audience which is important as these four films I have mentioned really hold up well today.
    Edit: I have nothing against classic soap operas, but something tells me that a classic western would sell more BDs than something like Peyton Place or The Best of Everything (neither of which have been announced, by the way).