1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TCFHE Press Release: Die Hard 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Collection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

Die hard 25th Anniversary Collection

A TRUE HOLLYWOOD SUPERSTAR. ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME.

Celebrate 25 years of Bruce Willis playing John McClane with this 5-Disc Collection featuring the first four Die Hard films and an all-new bonus disc, “Decoding Die Hard.” It’s the ultimate tribute to the tough-as-nails cop with a wry sense of humor and a knack for explosive action. Wrong place. Wrong time. Right man. Yippee ki yay!

Special Features:

Disc 1: Die Hard Blu-ray

Disc 2: Die Hard 2: Die Harder Blu-ray

Disc 3: Die Hard with a Vengeance Blu-ray

Disc 4: Live Free or Die Hard Blu-ray

Disc 5: Decoding Die Hard Blu-ray

**Modern-Day Hero — Casting, evolution and legacy of John McClane

**Along For The Ride — Engaging sidekicks who have teamed up with McClane

**Bad To The Bone — McClane’s well-armed and formidable foes

**Punishing Blows — Creating the intense action sequences, fistfights and stunts

**Explosive Effects — Role of groundbreaking visual and special effects including some of the biggest explosions on screen

**Reinventing The Action Genre — Development of the franchise from concept to character to story

**The Right Hero For The Right Time — Appeal and influence of Die Hard films on pop culture

Die Hard 25th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray

Street Date:

January 29, 2013

Prebook Date:

December 19, 2012

Screen Format:

Widescreen

Audio:

English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA,

Spanish: 5.1 Dolby Digital,

French: 5.1 Dolby Digital

Subtitles:

English/Spanish/French

U.S. Rating:

NR (Not Rated)

Total Run Time:

Closed Captioned:

Yes

2. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    any word as to if DH4 will remain the PG13 release, or are they going to release the "unrated" version that was previously only available on DVD (at least hear in the USA).

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ Yeah, I'm curious if this just the original discs with a new bonus disc or if there's new transfers or the extended cut of Live Free, etc. here.

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Screenwriter

Joel Henderson
    Only an uncut Live Free would justify a redip for me. The transfers were very good on the previous releases and I'm not exactly sure what they could add.

5. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    How about they wait the 35 seconds it would take for the new one to hit home video and release it then with all five included.

6. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    I've been looking to consolidate my collection of Die Hard singles into a nifty box but, as a poster above mentioned, why not wait until Part 5 is released? Also, these would absolutely have to be new remasters for me to purchase again. It would be neat if they threw in the unrated version of Live Free, to tie this up nicely and make it worth buying.

7. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    It's pretty fucking crass to release yet another boxed set AFTER they announce another sequel. No sale.

8. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Aside from the Police Academy movies which aren't out yet, this is the last franchise collection I own on DVD (the "Ultimate Collection" released in 2001) that I haven't upgraded to Blu-Ray. Unfortunately, I'm thinking this is going to be nothing more than the existing Blu-Rays packaged together again.
    And according to The HD Room:
    "I have confirmed with Fox that Live Free or Die Hard included in this set is the PG-13 theatrical cut and not the R-rated uncensored cut."
    http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Die-Hard-25th-Anniversary-Collection-Blu-ray-Announced-%28Updated%29/11764

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

You're most likely right. If it is, I'll wait until Die Hard 5 hits video in the summer to see if they do something new then. If not, I'll probably be able to find this set on sale fairly easily.

10. AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER Second Unit

I will probably get this as I don't have any Die Hard films on BR yet only DTS LD, I have Live Free or Die Hard on DVD R rated version.

11. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    What is the difference between the unrated and theatrical versions of
    LIVE FREE DIE HARD?

12. Eric Vedowski

Eric Vedowski Second Unit

Eric
    from the imdb-
    The film was edited down to a PG-13 rating for commercial reasons, thus making it the first film in the series not rated R. The DVD version is unrated and restores much of the profanity and violence that was trimmed for this purpose, making the film an equivalent of an R rating.
    and
    Region 1 unrated DVD version contains frequent use of strong profanity and stronger violence (bullet hits are more graphically seen with blood spraying out). Also, McClane's signature line is now heard in full, as the gunshot does not obscure the latter part of it.

13. AaronMan

AaronMan Second Unit

Aaron
    This is an odd release since a new installment is being released in a few months. But its kind of a non issue for me anyway since I only like Die Hard and Die Hard 2.

14. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

The new movie is why this package exists - the new movie will make it more appealing to buyers and publicize the film, too...

15. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    Oh, ferchrissakes, really? What kind of BS is this? I had no idea that the film had been neutered this way - now I'm really upset. I saw a poster for the new film that had a variation (with "Mother Russia" replacing the other one) of McClane's signature line - it's what defines these movies. What's he gonna say in this one, "Gee, guess I'll see ya later, bad guy"?. To top it off I'm sure these will sport the same transfers. As I recall, the original set didn't win any awards for picture quality. I hope this flops big time (the new Bluray set, not the film) - we can't keep telling these studios that it's OK to revel in mediocrity.

16. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Now available for preorder

17. YANG

YANG Second Unit

Hey Guyz... I'm back...
    Just bought a new TV today, and burn it through with the 4 DIE HARDs movies... in DVD(5 STAR Collection and the Single Disc UR S.E). Even though in DVD, the 32incher still present it well, and i just hope that the BD will be much better. However, i am still holding back in upgrading my HT setup to BD, because DH4 in DH Boxset is still not Unrated!
    Aww... initially i was having high hopes with this upcoming 25th Anniversary DH Boxset... duh... i guess i'll hold it back then. Probably wait until theatrical release of DH5, as well as the future release of another DH Boxset which shall includes DH5.

18. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Amazon Gold Box Deal Today. You can have this set for $25. Not bad.