1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

TCFHE Press Release: Bus Stop (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img4.jpg

Bus Stop:
    Marilyn Monroe gives an acclaimed performance in the romantic classic directed by Joshua Logan that features Don Murray in his Oscar®-Nominated role! When Bo (Murray) a naive rodeo rider, meets saloon performer Cherie (Monroe), he falls head over boots in love. After he literally lassoes Cherie onto a bus headed for Montana, where he plans to marry her, Cherie escapes off the bus - smack in the middle of a snowstorm. But if Bo can learn to reign in his emotions, he might convince Cherie to warm up to him in this rewarding film.

Bus Stop Special Features

Theatrical Trailer

More Monroe Movie Trailers

Bus Stop Blu-ray
    Street Date:
    July 30, 2013
    Prebook Date:
    July 3, 2013
    Screen Format:
    Widescreen 2.55:1
    Audio:
    English DTS-HD MA 4.0

Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0

French 4.0 DTS
    Subtitles:
    English SDH, Spanish, French
    Total Run Time:
    94 Minutes
    Closed Captioned:
    Yes

2. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled 2 more Monroe titles are being released on Blu!

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

A very welcome release. One of my favorite films of the 1950s. To my mind Bus Stop is a William Inge play. Inge was one of the most telling dramatists of his time. His plays are like time capsules that capture American ways of life. He won the Pulitzer for Picnic, the play on which the film was based. He also wrote the plays on which Come Back Little Sheba and The Dark At the Top of the Stairs were based. As for Bus Stop, a lot of the dimension in Cherie is lost in Marilyn's performance, but what she doesn't get as an actress she sort of makes up for as a personality. Bus Stop has been remade a few times on television but the results weren't as good. Marilyn.is the brand. Incidentally, the entire cast is excellent, particularly Don Murray who is the real star of the film and Eileen Heckart as Vera.

4. Filmgazer

Filmgazer Active Member

Louis
    Ron -- Thanks for the great news! I plan to pick this one up, as well as "Niagara".

5. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Well-Known Member

Byron
    Fantastic to see, but wish we could get some more comprehensive extras on these MM discs...

6. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Wouldn't it be interesting if Fox included the 1980s revival of BUS STOP as a supplement. Margot Kidder played Cherie. It was videotaped in 1982 for cable tv.

7. Garysb

Garysb Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing . Especially since the remake follows the original play which was changed quite a bit for the movie. The remake use to show up on the Fox movie channel quite a bit often listed in the TV listings as the Monroe film.

8. Osato

Osato Well-Known Member

Great news on Bus Stop coming to blu ray! I plan on picking this title up!

9. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Now available for preorder

10. Osato

Osato Well-Known Member

Any early reviews of this title yet?

11. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Fox doesn't typically send out advanced copies of their titles to reviewers. Those who print reviews early have another source for obtaining copies to review.

12. Osato

Osato Well-Known Member

It looks like Niagara was reviewed, so hopefully Bus Stop will be reviewed very soon too.

I'm also hoping that both of the new MM titles will have good pricing again. I'm hoping to pick them both up if this is the case.

I'll be looking at Costco and Wal Mart for sure.

13. classicmovieguy

Byron
  14. PODER

PODER Well-Known Member

PETER JABLONSKI
    I agree that the TV Series of BUS STOP would be wonderful to own. I seem to remember that there was a "special" episode called "A Lion Walks Among Us" that starred then teen idol Fabian. As I recall, he acquited himself very well in it ... there was lots of publicity about "Fabian The Actor" at the time. Even if the whole series isn't released, it would make a nice Extra on the Monroe Blu-Ray ... altho it's undoubtedly way to late to be making such suggestions at this point. Ah, well ...

15. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Well-Known Member

Koroush Ghazi
    Not sure what to make of the Bus Stop images posted at DVD Beaver. They look a bit too bright and washed out to my eyes, and I don't recall the DVD looking that way, though it's been a few years since I last watched it. More importantly, I'm not sure if it's faithful to the actual look of the film - anyone in the know care to comment about that?

Regardless, I put in a large order at Amazon just now and included both this film and Niagara, so my Marilyn Monroe collection on blu is almost complete. All Fox needs to do is release Don't Bother to Knock and Let's Make Love, and I'll be completely happy. Oh and perhaps Monkey Business, but that's really more of a Cary Grant movie.

16. classicmovieguy

Byron
    I'm ordering both "Niagara" and "Bus Stop" from the UK at this stage - unless the discs come down to the $10.49 mark on Amazon like all the other single MM titles, it's going to work out cheaper overall for me to get the UK equivalents.

17. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Well-Known Member

Koroush Ghazi
    Actually it works out almost exactly the same for us in Australia, whether ordering from the US or UK - around $40 AUD for the pair, including shipping. I ordered the US versions as I prefer the slimmer cases, and I was putting in a large order on Amazon US anyway.

18. classicmovieguy

Byron
    Yes. I prefer the UK art on "Niagara" so that is the main deal-breaker for me.

19. Osato

Osato Well-Known Member