What's new

TCFHE July wave of classic titles w/ Marilyn Monroe, Elvis & more (2 Viewers)

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Today I checked Amazon and they have that multi-film Forever Marilyn Blu Ray Box for $26 & says a saving of 74%. I paid a lot more than that when it was a pre-order!!!! Does it pay to wait? Not always, I guess.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
JoHud said:
http://www.classicflix.com/marilyn-elvis-spartans-blood-sand-a-1444.html

The 300 Spartans (1962) 7/23/2013
Blood and Sand (1941) 7/09/2013
Bus Stop (1956) 7/30/2013
Love Me Tender (1956) 7/30/2013
Niagara (1953) 7/30/2013

Fox has been picking up quite a bit of slack in releasing deep catalog titles this year. It's really quite something.
A good group of titles. I think I will get them all. Finally, another Elvis release for his fans. Western/Civil War movie buffs might like Love Me Tender too. It has a good supporting cast, with Richard Egan doing a fine job and Debra Paget looking awesome.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I have been very impressed by Fox's output of Classic titles this year, not just with the selections but the quality of the releases, Hello Dolly in particular looked amazing. Hopefully some classic Sci-Fi/Horror releases like The Fly and Fantastic Voyage will make their way to Blu ray later this year.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
JoHud said:
http://www.classicflix.com/marilyn-elvis-spartans-blood-sand-a-1444.html

The 300 Spartans (1962) 7/23/2013
Blood and Sand (1941) 7/09/2013
Bus Stop (1956) 7/30/2013
Love Me Tender (1956) 7/30/2013
Niagara (1953) 7/30/2013

Fox has been picking up quite a bit of slack in releasing deep catalog titles this year. It's really quite something.
Here's hoping Niagara hasn't been DNR'd like Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and retains the original Technicolor pallete. Fox Technicolor films always have color issues by default due to the infamous negative junking in 1978. Since this was shot in 1952-1953 on safety stock, we may have an OCN which would be great. I'm in for Bus Stop and Blood and Sand as well. Blood and Sand's OCN and all dye-transfer IB material have been lost, so here's hoping Fox has retained the original Technicolor palette as best they can. I'm not interested in 300 Spartans and will wait for reviews on Love Me Tender.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Put me down for "Bus Stop" and "Niagara". Now all I need is "Let's Make Love" and "Prince and the Showgirl" and I'll be very happy.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Niagara is the highlight for me.. Don't know if I've seen Bus Stop.--may have to check it out.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Garysb said:
Does this mean no Forever Marilyn Volume 2 ?
We may just see the rest of Monroe's movies get released individually. The ones that were not released on DVD with the Diamond Collections will probably find their way to MOD.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
BRAD1963 said:
I have been very impressed by Fox's output of Classic titles this year, not just with the selections but the quality of the releases, Hello Dolly in particular looked amazing. Hopefully some classic Sci-Fi/Horror releases like The Fly and Fantastic Voyage will make their way to Blu ray later this year.
Fox is the only studio that seems to be caring about its catalog this year, so major kudos to them as well as Schawn Belston and his team for the great preservation and restoration work they have done. Warner used to be a leader in catalog releases, but look at how hideous of a job they've been doing recently. Mr. Feltenstein, are you listening?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lromero1396 said:
Fox is the only studio that seems to be caring about its catalog this year, so major kudos to them as well as Schawn Belston and his team for the great preservation and restoration work they have done. Warner used to be a leader in catalog releases, but look at how hideous of a job they've been doing recently. Mr. Feltenstein, are you listening?
So please enlighten us about the hideous job Warner Is doing with their catalog releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks