1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Target release date 7/20/2004- the version with Gene Hackman?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kevin Korom, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom Well-Known Member

I was looking through various website's release lists, and found this one listed for July, but with no information whatsoever about the movie. Is this the 1985 movie with Hackman and Matt Dillon? It's always been a favorite of mine...

2. Kevin Roebuck

Kevin Roebuck Well-Known Member

I hope it is the Gene Hackman version. This was a very good movie that no one talks about. I still have the full frame laser disc, but, it would be great to get a proper dvd version.[​IMG]

3. Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the LD, too. It looks like P&S to me, though; the framing looks all wrong to me. I noticed the credits are anamorphically squeezed, so that they display properly on my 16x9's display. Unfortunately it doesn't stay that way throughout the whole movie!

4. Thomas Agermose

Thomas Agermose Well-Known Member

I believe it is the 1985 film with Gene Hackman. Although Paramount are releasing it in R2, the original production company was CBS. Some websites have the title listed as Target (CBS), that does it for me. Warner have the US video rights so a R1 release might not happen simultaneously.

5. Thomas T

Thomas T Well-Known Member

I believe Paramount has all U.S. video rights to CBS product at this time.