What's new

Tapatalk (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I can post immediate camera or gallery photos into other forums that I have loaded into Tapatalk. Just not here and thank you!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I guess this doesn't relate to the issue y'all are working on, but when I click on the new response thingie for this thread, I get taken all the way down to the reply box, not to the first unread post.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wow. It also happens when I click on the date that should take me to the very last post. No biggie, just something I noticed that's unique to this thread.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Tapatalk/Android/EDIT question: I think I've seen this mentioned, but am not finding it at the moment...After editing a post, upon submitting/saving it, I get the almost comically non-sequitor message "You don't have permission to view this forum" -- or some such -- and I have no choice but to abandon the edit or correction. The editing tool is there, but it doesn't work.Sorry if this has already been reported and is being worked on.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Charles, thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately many of the bugs in the software are not fixed in a timely manner. We're working on a new skin for the forum that will make mobile posting much simpler.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Charles Smith said:
Tapatalk/Android/EDIT question: I think I've seen this mentioned, but am not finding it at the moment... After editing a post, upon submitting/saving it, I get the almost comically non-sequitor message "You don't have permission to view this forum" -- or some such -- and I have no choice but to abandon the edit or correction. The editing tool is there, but it doesn't work. Sorry if this has already been reported and is being worked on.
I've been getting that message for ages. My app doesn't even show the signature.

I essentially have to add another post to fix an auto-correct issue(my phone will actually auto-correct during sending if it thinks grammar is wrong).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm curious, is it tapatalk that inserts the weird phone signatures, of the style, "Posted from my 123-XYZ-SAMDROID GADGET"

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, it's Tapatalk. Here's how it works on my Android:

Start Tapatalk, and without going into a forum, hit the little "menu" thingy at the top. Choose "settings". Scroll down to "Tapatalk Signature". Select that, and there are a few options. "None" is your friend. (Well, it's my friend. I wish it was everybody's friend.)

I turn signatures off on websites whenever possible, too, because I can't stand seeing the same clever saying or information block over and over. This little "credit" is just as annoying, especially when it runs right into the body of a post. Example:

Yes, it was a typo on my part. Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a good goddamn." :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't understand why people use them, since they don't actually make sense. Instead of being a Samsung S4 fanboy, a poster touts his unknown manufacturer model number. Or your VS920 4G: what the heck is that? :)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I am in the middle of trying to update the app. Let's wait and see if that fixes your problem, Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks