Tapatalk (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Parker Clack said:
Working good. Now debating whether to get the Tapatalk HD app or not.Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
We will be coming out with branded apps for apple and android soon. Paperwork has been submitted, just not sure how long it takes to process :)

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Adam Gregorich said:
We will be coming out with branded apps for apple and android soon. Paperwork has been submitted, just not sure how long it takes to process :)
I refuse to install a 'branded' app for every forum I follow. I have no desire to load my phone with similar apps that all the same thing except they only work in one place. I can't imagine how anyone can feel this is a good idea (for the end user, that is).

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
David, Simply put, it is a way to offer Tapatalk to our end users with the color scheme and visibility in the app store we desire for free rather than requiring a paid application.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I don't use Tapatalk (or the like), but I might be interested in the branded app -- I'd at least give it a try.

BTW, is it just me or is the mobile site flaking out again? Can't seem to navigate to any forum thread posts w/out erroring out. I'm using the latest version of mobile Chrome on Samsung GS3.

Thanks.

_Man_

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ManW_TheUncool said:
I don't use Tapatalk (or the like), but I might be interested in the branded app -- I'd at least give it a try.

BTW, is it just me or is the mobile site flaking out again? Can't seem to navigate to any forum thread posts w/out erroring out. I'm using the latest version of mobile Chrome on Samsung GS3.

Thanks.

_Man_
So it isn't just my phone...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The Android app is live and free to download if you'd like to try it. Apple is in App Store review :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Dave Upton said:
The Android app is live and free to download if you'd like to try it. Apple is in App Store review :)
Just started trying it out. Seems to work a good deal better than the mobile site for me... including having my requested dark mode. :)_Man_Sent via HTF mobile app

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I can't get Tapatalk to work n my iPhone (it always shows no threads) but the iOS app is working so far on my iPad.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
By iOS app on the iPad, I mean the custom HTF app. But I still tend to use Mobile Safari on the iPad.I'll try deleting Tapatalk and reinstalling on the iPhone.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Deleting and redownloading Tapatalk restored the vanishing topics.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Today, suddenly, the HTF mobile app is completely hit-and-miss as far as remembering the last posts I've read. Sometimes it remembers. Sometimes it takes me to the last dozen or so posts I've seen. A few times, post #1 in a thread I've been in many times.

It's usually perfect, which is such a pleasure -- so I hope it gets back to that.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
It's hardly a matter of life and death, but the mobile behavior observed in the post above this one still stands as being an intermittent annoyance.On to new question: When using Android mobile, as I am now, is there some reason my forum filters (past 24 hours, some forums filtered out, etc.) are completely ignored? Maybe there's a setting for this that I haven't found. Thanks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I don't believe the tapatalk app respects your forum preferences, as it accesses the forum through a proprietary plugin of theirs. The app itself has some preferences in that regard, which is probably your best best. Look at the setting called Default View where you can view only subscribed topics, forums or latest. It's not as full featured as the forum itself, but Tapatalk continues to improve.
I am still unable to reproduce the issue with remembering which post you're on - though there's a preference for that also which is worth checking - from the top menu bar hit More then Settings. The one you want to look at is called "Loading Behavior".

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Okay, thanks, Dave. I've already got those things set up accordingly, and the mobile app is just a once or twice per day convenience for me, so it's nothing I can't live with.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Tapatalk is refusing to go to my "first unread" response on any thread in HTF this morning. It's taking me to the first post in every thread, no matter how many years old it is. This is not happening on two other forums I occasionally read -- just this one -- so I wouldn't guess this is a problem on my end. My Tapatalk settings, which I believe are global, haven't changed. Thanks!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Charles Smith said:
Tapatalk is refusing to go to my "first unread" response on any thread in HTF this morning. It's taking me to the first post in every thread, no matter how many years old it is. This is not happening on two other forums I occasionally read -- just this one -- so I wouldn't guess this is a problem on my end. My Tapatalk settings, which I believe are global, haven't changed. Thanks!
Same issue here - Tapatalk 4.2.4 on Android 4.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks