What's new

Talk About Putting Those AOL CDs To Good Use!! (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Very cool, A(Snail).O.L should be proud. Now if I could just find a use for the fancy tins they are sending me now.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I had a friend who covered the entire ceiling and all the walls in his quad dorm room with the free cd's that OUC (the local college here) hands out. We figure there is around 5000+ cd's in that dorm, haha. I wish I had some more pics of it, but I only have a few crappy scans from my 35mm camera.

Wall of cd's

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Now if I could just find a use for the fancy tins they are sending me now.

They make simple, yet elegant, cigarette cases. :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I once made a sort of mobile out of AOL CDs. I glued the printed sides of two CDs together, drilled a hole in the top, and tied a short length of fishing line to it. I tacked several dozen of these to my ceiling over my computer equipment. Looked great.

When we moved I didn't hang them back up. Decided to go with more of a "data-center" type professional look in my computer room, and they just didn't fit in to that image...

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
My coworkers got a chuckle off that. I agree with the disco ball comment.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
A reflective ceiling and a ceiling-mounted front projection system?

Sounds like a recipe for annoying reflections (from any light leaking from the projector itself, and the reflected upside-down 'double' it would produce) and colour distortions to me.

Adam

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I bet old AOL CDs are worth money...maybe like $100 for 3.0 on eBay .....NOT !!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Ya I don't think putting cd's anywhere in your HT room like that is a good idea. The dorm room that had 5000+ cd's was a bugger for light reflecting, though it did provide an unbeatable party atmosphere where strobes and other lights were used, along with fog. Yup, it was the party rooms of all party rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks