What's new

Talk about a movie you can feel!! (1 Viewer)

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Originally posted by Terence

Tell me about it. When I experienced that scene at the cineplex I remember thinking "I can't wait to hear/feel how that sounds through the AR1's when the movie comes out on dvd" - WOW!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Not quiet.Almost every "slow mo" at the "burly brawl" features some real kisck ass sub 25hz with real output momments.Or check out when Morpheus's ship lands at "broadcast level" or when it docks at Zion.Neo's landing on the Oracle's apartment building.Neo's rescue of Trinity,The Keymaker's story about the building,freeway chase[car overturns and lands]
All those scenes containes 25hz or below fundamentals.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Hence my use of the qualifier "largely". Sure, Reloaded has its share of really deep stuff, too. Overall, I much preferred the bass presentation in Revolutions, though.

I checked out your hotlink - really killer rig, Lewis. Two thumbs way up. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Tee - My son and I watched Revolutions this weekend. First - When we saw it in the theater, it was pretty much mediocre... but at home ... Woo Hoo ! (Ed... can we measure woo hoo ?)

When he first started talking... My son got the biggest grin on his face...

He, of course has already declared it gets another run when the B4+ arrives... by the way... it will be the K1 amp...and Since Ed and I both use calibrated True RTA measuring systems, I will post raw data (unless I figure out how to copy and paste the screen/graph ... )from the B4+ ...

Great thread, Tee !

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator

Ok, you piqued my interest! 20-39PCi..sits in rt hand corner 10" from the TV, my seating position is 14' away.

112db before correction! :D

And yes, we very much enjoyed Revolutions too!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ok, you piqued my interest! 20-39PCi..sits in rt hand corner 10" from the TV, my seating position is 14' away.

112db before correction!

And yes, we very much enjoyed Revolutions too!
__________________________________________________ _________

All you need now is a pair of Polks and your good to go. Maybe the Polks aren't a requirement though? That would leave the SPL bench mark the only hurdle. ;)

Ed if I cant hit 110 db can a special consideration be made in my case?? :b The wife just walked out the door so I'll go see what I can do?

Edit It looks as though my QSC 1450 is limiting me to 107. It is clipping with two 25-31CS+'s off of one side (2 ohm load) and one off of the other side (4 ohm load). I get the same SPL reading at -7 as I do at -0 and the clip light comes on. Guess I need another amp even though I never listen at this level. 107 db uncorrected is all I can in my leaky HT room in this scene. :frowning: :b At 30 hz I can do 122-123 uncorrected but this scene is just to much.

terence

Supporting Actor
Thx Craig.

Be sure to post your impressions of the B4+ with Matrix Revoulutions, i'm sure it will be incredible.

I would bet everyone here had the the same feelings.

terence

Supporting Actor

I don't own Polks but i'm sure my AR's can keep up.

Call me a copy cat after i watch Kill Bill tonight i will try the PWC test myself & i sit 18ft from my subs. Should be fun. :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I don't own Polks but i'm sure my AR's can keep up.

Call me a copy cat after i watch Kill Bill tonight i will try the PWC test myself & i sit 18ft from my subs. Should be fun.

Well terence how did you do buddy? Thats a pretty good size room your in there but at least it's closed off. I need to make a edit to my last post. I decided to reinsert my meter batteries and tried it again with things calibrated a little differently. I tried dual with one sub off of each side of the QSC and I hit 107 db and decided not to push them any harder. Then I turned the gain on the QSC to 3/4 on each side instead of full and raised the gain on my receiver to compensate the gain loss. O ya, I added the third 25-31+ to the mix also. BINGO! 110 db it is:D I think I could get more but that 110 db was hit with a +5 db calibration at -0.

John Tami I'm in the same boat as you for I have been running Klipsch. I still think Ed ought to let us in the club if we can hit 110 db on the ring drop though. The db's go up right after, so I hope it is the actual drop itself? Anyway I hear Club Polk has great benefits and a early retirement program. Thats my kind of club. ;)

Thanks Ed for being a good sport if you happen back. When you mentioned the 110 db bench mark it gave me a little something to try to hit in my 24 X 12 X 10 leaky HT room is all. I fear terence might not have faired out to well on account of no post. Maybe he shook things up around there last night trying to hit the mark and he is restricted from the computer? Kids

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Guys, there is a big PWC thread buried somewhere at Club Polk. We had a lot of fun talking about it, but don't take it too seriously or damage anything on my account. :)

PS - Triple Threat, you're a member of the PWC no matter what your SPL meter reads on the Ring Drop.

terence

Supporting Actor

You are right about not fairing well but it was late so i decided to wait for today. Kill Bill has an excellent DTS soundtrack, bass was really good. The movie was too.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/spl-meter_e.html

This is what I use Allen. there are two types that are commonly used. Analog and Digital. Good luck.
__________________________________________________ ________

Well i gave it a try and all i could get was 102db uncorrected @ the seating position (18ft away) i guess it's not to bad since my room is over 4300 cubic ft.>>>>>>

Not bad at all terence. Thats one good size room your in there. My subs are only 10' away instead of 18'. I give you a star for being so honest. I really had a hard time with my 107 until I was able to tweak the amp and hit the 110 db hurdle. I never would have thought 110 would be so hard to hit on this scene. It definitely took some tweaking and showed me that when I get my fourth 25-31CS+ that a different amp is in order. This is what I'm thinking of http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?...268435&SID=112
It will have allot more than my QSC 1450.
KILL BILL was a trip. I sat down with my wife and teenage daughters to watch it and we made it five minutes into it.:D I watched it Sat by myself and I was hooked by the end of it. I love spaghetti western music also.
Tell you what terence! The two of us will gang up on Big Ed and get you into the club yet. Don't worry buddy it's gona happen ;)
PS - Triple Threat, you're a member of the PWC no matter what your SPL meter reads on the Ring Drop.

Thanks Ed. I'll be watching our mail box for my membership card and all the great benefits that come with such a prestigious club.
It honestly did read 110 though. Scouts honor. With being able to go so much higher than 110 db in other scenes, I never would have thought that 110 db on the (ring drop) would be so hard to achieve. I noticed Ron V make a statement about bragging rights a few weeks ago and I guess that is all it really is. I never would have thought that I was going to be at the age of 44 so preoccupied with bass/subwoofers.:) O > And you dont help matters Ed:D

terence

Supporting Actor

Thx, I would not gain anything by lying. I'm down by 3db since my subs are seperated. When i moved the RS meter 10ft spot, i can hit 106db from the chair seat uncorected. I have to say i thought it would be very easy to get 110db myself, but i got my "bubble popped" when i hit 102db @ the sweet spot.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Just to make sure we are on the same page, this is the scene on LOTR-FOTR when Sauron's hand gets chopped off and the ring hits the ground. The exact time stamp for the EE version is listed in my PB2+ review hotlinked in my signature block. MingL also posted a waterfall chart of that scene, and the ring drop shows up as an isolated small pink blob centered at about 24 Hz.

I have a pretty small room (about 2000 ft3) and that's why I am able to generate some really serious SPL without much effort. I haven't tested that scene with the PB2-Ultra, but the PB2+ easily hit 115 dB uncorrected (about 120 dB actual) on that scene (it was running a bit hot at the time, IIRC :^o). I'm surprised Tee that you can't do better than 102 dB with the duals in a 4000 ft3 room. Are you sure they are operating completely in phase?

terence

Supporting Actor

I was suprise my self RS meter(digital one) set in the 110 position would hit 102 really quick and displays LO after the finger hits the ground. The subs seem to be phase I plan to go over all of my settings this weekend. I had family over last weekend so and a lot traffic in the theater when i was not around.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

You sure that isn't 112 dB? I assume LO means it's reading below the selected range? Is the meter set on C-weighted Fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks