What's new

Talk about a movie you can feel!! (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to say my B4+ certaintly came alive with Matrix Revolutions especially with the action scenes and of course the machine voice. I found the overall volume of this track to be recorded low as was Reloaded. I had to watch these movies at reference not like others (Jurassic Park DTS) which I watch 10db below reference. Revolutons is definatly my demo disc at least until Master and Commander arrives;) . Maybe when the Matrix box set comes out they will have DTS one can only hope.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I didnt get to watch it very loud. But it is pretty incredible. The "voice" is pretty neat. I enjoyed the movie, but the ending was kinda.... I dont know. Not what I was expecting. But I will watch it again at reference one day.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Wow! I am surprised. I actually liked this movie. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Reloaded, IMO. The soundtrack was awesome too. Tons of action going on in all speakers. I am also glad there was very little "bullet time" used. I am wondering if I should have bought this. But, I'll wait to hear what the "inevitible" box set will bring. I agree with everyone who said this is a definite demo DVD!:)

terence

Supporting Actor

"Keep hope alive!" One can only dream, me being a huge fan of DTS i would be @ a lost for words if WB blessed us with a DTS version.

Rudi can't wait to see your plots,& well said George. :)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
*sigh* :frowning:

I have read and re-read this thread over and over. I am so jealous; but soon I'll be able to post superlatives of my own.

I bought my PB2-Plus back in October 2003, while I was deployed. Had it shipped to my buddies' house, where it sat in the box, in his spare room.

When I got back in January, I went TDY for another 3 months. Now I'm back, but "homeless"; staying w/a friend until I get to my next duty station late this month.

I will finally be getting into a house about this time next month and I'll FINALLY be able to take the SVS out of the box and USE THE DAMN THING!!

Keep the comments coming; I need something to look forward to! :D

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Michael,

First thx for serving your country. Now the wait will be worth it i'm sure of it, but if you need someone to break in your sub for you i'm open. :D

Thx for the plots Rudi! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Behold! The Matrix : Revolutions on DVD. All other "King of LFE" contenders are now obsolete.

This is the disk that makes me wish I had a PB4+ or dual Cylinder SS'.

Never before have I felt sorry for my PCi20-39. :D

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I think my favorite bass part was when all the mech things are lined up and the camera pans across and does a fly by... you can here the 20-39PC+ reproduce every single bullet that comes out of those guns. Its soooo fast!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well you got me terence. I woke up today and deleted my last post but you had to go copy it!:frowning: O well.:D Talk about a Thread header being right-on. This is one offering that has a whole lot of feel to it for sure.

MichaelDDD you are in for a real treat when your time comes.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Too bad it's a lousy movie. Though it has some nice LFE, sorry to say it, but this movie is by no means "king" of anything.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Really? I thought this movie was the best in the series.

What do people have against this movie anyways? Its a visual extravaganza. Who gives a crap about the plot, when the movie provides some of the best visuals ever? I loved it :) There's some great visuals in this movie that I will remember for a long, long time.

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
I've uploaded three short videos of my sub, a Velodyne FSR-18, during the Machine God and two water explosion scenes. If you'd like to see what a world-class sub looks like reproducing those bass, at 13 db below reference level (I live in a condo, after all), click here to go to the Imagestation album where you can download them:

Matrix Revolutions Bass on the FSR-18

If you hear the metallic rattling, that's my HD antenna, which sits on the sub and has a sympathetic resonance at 18hz.
-Erik

VinhT

Second Unit
Matrix Revolutions is definitely my new infrasonic bass reference DVD. Unfortunately, it is forcing me to upgrade my subwoofer. :frowning:

I usually run my SVS 25-31PC+ tuned at 16Hz. As a bass freak, I have pretty much thrown as much challenging material as I can find at the sub and it has never let me down... until tonight. Everything was going along just fine and I was enjoying the nice LFE effects. Then, during the final water bubble (~1:47:26), my beloved SVS 25-31PC+ choked. Significant port noise. At first, I thought it might have been something in the room rustling from the bass, so I finished up the rest of the movie before coming back to the scene to investigate the noise.

I played back the last water bubble and confirmed it. Definitely port noise. I bumped up the subsonic filter to the 20Hz position, but it did not help. I even removed the grill just in case it was a factor, but there was no salvation. I was quite impressed to have finally found something that made my SVS struggle. I decided to retune the sub on the spot to "recalibrate" it for this new reference disc. I changed the tuning to 20Hz and set the subsonic filter accordingly. Still port noise! :angry: In an act of desperation, I retuned the sub to 25Hz and reset the subsonic filter. Fired up the scene... port noise. Game over. The 25-31PC+ has served me faithfully for one and a half years, but apparently the time has come for me to upgrade.

To give you a sense of the magnitude of my situation, I am currently living in a college dorm room that measures a mere 15'x12'. If the sub can't handle Revolutions in such a small room, what am I supposed to do when I move back home this summer, where the room is 25'x15'x15'?!

Footnote: HT calibrated with S&V disc. The sub is not run hot (double-checked and confirmed with a calibrated mic and real-time analysis).

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well crap! I hope my 20-39PC+ doesnt do that. I havnt had too much time to play it at reference level. I will try this on monday. Plus I have a huge room... so if its gonna do it... it will be in my room.

terence

Supporting Actor
I just got thru playing the credits and all i have say is Damn! That song that plays doing the credits not only sounds good but feels good too. I did not know it had stong subsonic bass thru out the entire song. What a treat! :D

TeddM

Stunt Coordinator
One great dvd to show off some bass is Finding Nemo. That wrap on the fish tank scene is so totally unexpected, and of such low bass that it often makes people jump.

I also understand the Telrac 1812 Overture is a real sub breaker. There's even a warning on the cd, sacd, and dvd-a of this recording that lower playback levels are recommended initially due to the cannons being recorded at a very high level.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Though the bass was amazing in the movie, did anybody else find the gunfire in the first gunfight to be really 'muted'? Where in the first in the lobby scene, each shot of the gun was a loud CRACK, where in revolutions, it didnt have even half as much impact as the first i thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks