What's new

Talk about a movie you can feel!! (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Steve,
I am sure the triplets handled the scenes fine.
All I have to say is the Neo/Smith fight scene has some low bass in it(I think when there fists collide)......

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
Alots of deep/loud bass when we see neo's fist in slow motion as he slices thru those rain drops and punches Smith on his left jaw.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Neil, watch Spiderman lately?:D

You guys are pissing me off. I had no intentions of buying this movie until the 3 DVD set came out. I haven't even seen this movie yet because of my disappointment with Reloaded. I figure that when I go in with lower expectations than I did with Reloaded I will be pleasantly surprised. But, now that I am hearing all about these great LFE scenes I might have to head up to the store tomorrow! Damn you all!:D

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I was debating if I was going to rent this or buy it. I just went out and bought it, I am glad I did this thing rocks, though it convinced me I need a new sub. This entra sub almost begs for mercy during some of those tracks. The only bad thing is now I want to buy a SVS to do the bass track some justice, but the bank account says no, thanks POS water heater that needed to be replaced.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The post below you will indicate how I feel. I think you'll want to spend some more money on a better sub. The Paradigms are ok for the money but I wouldn't expect the PS1000 to be pushing out the loud bass.

Still you should easily be able to enjoy the movie.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Merimac,
I agree with Shane...you better make sure your sub is not running too hot or you will probably bottom it out on a couple of scenes.....

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100% with the WSR summary above. PQ and SQ were outstanding. The movie was "OK", but the DVD is totally reference quality, IMO (YMMV, of course).

I thought the LFE was just killer in this movie. Extremely deep and powerful bass. Many scenes at or below 20 Hz. Just fabulous room shaking power.

Much better than Reloaded, which was largely a bunch of non-descript 30-35 Hz stuff (although the Hammer ship rescue was excellent with lots of 22 Hz stuff).

And I'm not running my sub hot - 85 speakers / 83 sub with Avia. But I did run playback loud at -2RL. I was probably getting clean, articulate SPL peaks of 115+ dB (corrected) at the seat in the 20-25 Hz region.

I'll run out of superlatives before I can say enough good things about the PB2-Ultra - it simply defies description; it's flat out scary how good this sub is. Last night it transported us directly into the heart of the battle for Zion - it was really breathtaking - Home Theater at its finest.

Ed

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
OK, I gotta apologize to everyone on this thread for the statement I made above in an earlier post. I didn't get a chance to finish the movie on Wednesday night and only got to chapter 25, but last night a friend of mine wanted to watch it so I started it all over from the beginning. I don't know what I was smokin' on Wednesday night, but last night the picture quality looked very impressive. The earlier chapters are smoky and have dust and haze floating around which I guess is intentional, but the later chapters (in Zion, machine world, fight between Neo/Smith) look really, really good. Still not the best PQ I've seen, but excellent nonetheless. As for the sound, I must deeply apologize about what I said earlier! The sound on this DVD is incredible! The battle in Zion is amazing, when Neo reaches the source the subsonic frequencies of the source-dude's voice are incredible, and finally the Neo vs. Smith battle has some awesome LFE and wicked use of the surround field! The HSU handled it all extremely well, and I was surprised the Dayton didn't pop, awesome sub for $100!

My new opinion: the SQ on this DVD is definitely reference, PQ is excellent (but I've seen better).

terence

Supporting Actor

MuneebM,

Maybe you got a hold of a bad batch. :) Glad you got a chance to really let er rip.

BenCosta

Agent
I'm going to try and pick this up for the weekend. I missed it in the theaters and am really looking forward to it...I've got a few pictures on the wall I've been meaning to take down anyway :D

Peace

Ben

dan fritzen

Second Unit
The Lion King is a movie you can feel, I though my friend was crazy when he said to use the Disney enhanced 5.1 and it was just marketing crap. I could not have been more wrong, I watched it a second time and it was amazing, the elephants stomping and teh waterfall in the beginning are crazy with bass, not to mention the rears get as much use as your fronts with this disc.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

Not the biggest fan of the movie, BUT the disc is a MUST OWN! Probably the most and best sub-bass I have heard outside of pipe organs. There are numerous scenes where sub 25Hz bass is employed, and even when I was in my kitchen I could feel the bass of the disc (forgot to pause). Also, BestBuy is doing the Revolutions and Reloaded for $25, which is cheaper than seeing the movies in the theaters, all things cosidered. Nice pickup for system testing.

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Revolution is superb in PQ and SQ. Because of "peer pressure," I broke down and bought the Hauting (1999) a couple of weeks ago. I think that the door knock scene there is the loudest LFE I have ever heard.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

You've got that right. I just bought this also and I wasn't expecting that part at all. I jumped because I didn't expect it to be so loud!:)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
"Coming mother..." :eek: I LOVE that scene in the Haunting. You MUST have the DTS-ES version though...even better than the DD :D

Revolutions only had a very few scenes that kept me awake, for a total of about 1/2hr - basically the action sequences with plenty of bass. The rest of the movie was pretty much useless, just like the Reloaded. I'm glad I rented it instead of purchased.

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Watched it today... Loud, deep stuff in some scenes. Did you notice the persistent low hum when those big drills are on the screen? I'll try to do my typical plotting tommorow. :)

But, I have to say it: such non-stop action/explosion/kaboom movies are very inconsistent with the bass sound mix. It is intentional, to get at least some contrasts in the mix. Like, when the Logos ship is speeding to the machine city and those robotic guard bots are being "remotely detonated", there is no bass at all. Some other scenes too.

Finding Nemo, Darla... Now who doesn't remember *this* contrast? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks