What's new

Taking stock of M.I.A. Paramount Blu-rays... (1 Viewer)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My wife would probably tell you that I prefer b & w films to colour and the older the better!. I also grew up with b & w television but my point about westerns is that the great outdoors shows better in colour. I love westerns and my favourites are all in colour except for the two I mentioned in my earlier post.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I would LOVE for WB, Paramount, *anyone* to release "Brain Donors" on Blu-Ray, a modern version of classic Marx Bros comedy starring John Turturro.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Mark-P said:
And to tie this all back into Paramount and Blu-ray, I just received my Blu-ray copy of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence from Amazon UK. Very pretty Black & White Western!
I just received my copy a short while ago. I've only been able to preview it, but I agree that it looks and sounds terrific. And it is region-free, although I also have a region-free BD player.

Why Paramount has not released it in the U.S. is one of life's perplexing mysteries.

P.S. Anyone who is thinking of ordering this should order from Amazon.uk. Amazon here wants $35 for it. I paid $15.68 at Amazon.uk, including shipping.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Richard Gallagher said:
I just received my copy a short while ago. I've only been able to preview it, but I agree that it looks and sounds terrific. And it is region-free, although I also have a region-free BD player.

Why Paramount has not released it in the U.S. is one of life's perplexing mysteries.

P.S. Anyone who is thinking of ordering this should order from Amazon.uk. Amazon here wants $35 for it. I paid $15.68 at Amazon.uk, including shipping.
Amen to that, plus Duke's other Paramounts..*cough*.The Sons Of Katie Elder *cough*

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I keep getting dismayed at what I've missed out in ignoring A-UK for BD(while not looking from not having a region free BD player).

So far, the longest time frame available "over there" and not here on an American movie?

3 years.

I could understand 3 years for Spaghetti Western or French Noir...but American classics?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Keith Cobby said:
My wife would probably tell you that I prefer b & w films to colour and the older the better!. I also grew up with b & w television but my point about westerns is that the great outdoors shows better in colour. I love westerns and my favourites are all in colour except for the two I mentioned in my earlier post.
I concur! Which is why I am actually more anxious for HUD and PAPER MOON than for most of the color titles.

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
The proud and Profane

The Turning Point

Warpath

Red Mountain

Forever Female

The Savage

Thunder in the East

Secret of the Incas

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Worth said:
The Turning Point is a Fox title.
There's a 1952 film of the same title released by Paramount.
jcb07 said:
The proud and Profane

The Turning Point

Warpath

Red Mountain

Forever Female

The Savage

Thunder in the East

Secret of the Incas
Like the 1952 Turning Point, both The Proud and Profane and Warpath were on Olive's release schedule but were pulled due to issues with the elements.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
trajan said:
Still waiting for ORDINARY PEOPLE----WITNESS----RAGTIME.
Witness has come up at Amazon UK for a 17th February release. It initially looks like a placeholder, but I've talked to Paramount UK and they've confirmed it's definitely coming early next year, though the exact release date is tbc.

Listed as 19th February at Amazon France, and that looks more definitive.

Hope this helps.

Steve W

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Will we ever see-- ORDINARY PEOPLE---RAGTIME----ANGELA'S ASHES---PLAY IT AGAIN SAM---DAY OF THE LOCUST---CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD--YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Skippy (Universal, I know), Ordinary People, Witness, The Hours, Atlantic City, Heaven Can Wait, The Greatest Show On Earth... just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks