What's new

Taking out the trash (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I often share this duty, one takes it out so the other helps by putting the bag in at the same time. But then we like each other.

What sucks is bringing trash down from the 3rd floor and then forgetting to take another bag back up. I try to remember to keep some up there but often forget.

I think I'm gonna try to get into Caleb's habit, sounds like a good idea.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Seth,
:confused:

Casey,
All I ahve to say is MOVE OUT! Seriously I had a roomate who was like yours. He would always leave all the chores for me to do. Plus his girlfriend and a full grown dog moved into our two bedroom apt. :eek: I now live by myself and LOVE IT!

CaseyLS

Second Unit
I have considered that and my brother graduates in December so he will probably be moving so I would at leat have an option of a place that would be easy to get in to. I am not prepared to move out yet but I also keep my options open. Also one of the guys I work with is kinda freaked out because his roommates like to cuddle. We have discussed getting a place together. The only downside to that is since I am a manager at the store we may be breaking some rules.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: where's that thread about the cuddle club?

that's not so bad...why is he freaked out?

i had two different sets of roomies and they liked to cuddle on the couch, sleep with me at night, etc. it actually got kinda...ummm..."neat-o"...with one of em. ;)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
This is a case of moving out if you want to maintain a friendship with this person vs moving out and not being friends. "Petty" things are what drives people up the wall because these are issues that people simply don't apologise for but anything that comes off as downright offensive would. I would suggest moving out while you can.

David McGough

Second Unit
Wait till your married 2 kids and nobody else takes the trash out.. Ill do it cause I didn't do it much when I was a spoiled kid... I use the big leaf bags when it gets full I pull it out
and it sets in the pantry.. When I get a box of bags I empty the hole box in the trash can. So when I pull the bag out there is another bag right there. Grand dad showed me that.

or you can just leave it long enough and dont touch it and make a point.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

And that point would be? That both of you can be stubborn?

I've always taken this approach with roommates: expect them not to change. There is always going to be something they do that pisses you off (and vice versa) and you either are willing to accept it and move on or you don't and move out.

Bruce

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Last roommate that refused to empty a garbage can, and let it grossly overflow, and began just putting his garbage ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO A FULL CAN came home one day to an entire week's smelly spoiled garbage on his bed, spread out in quite a large pile.

I later moved out, but apparently he did it again one time to the other two guys (who had their names on all rent and utility contracts), so this time he came home to all his stuff on the lawn, with a bag of smelly garbage deposited on it once again :D

Never heard from that guy again, good riddens.

RichardK

Second Unit
putting a new bag in the can is the biggest ass whip of the whole 'taking out the trash' duty. If i could get away without having to be the person to put the new bag in, I would leave it too!

i sympathize with you though...good luck.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
**************UPDATE******************
I think my roommate is moving out. A bunch of his stuff is in the living room. Now it's not a few books or anything small, I am talking bedframe, dresser and the like.

OK so my question is, do I have right to still make him pay his half of the rent money? Also the same with bills? The only 2 we get are cable and power. I figure make him cover his half of the gas bill since thats part of the contract and the cable isn't something that is needed or part of the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks