1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tabitha

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark To, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

The ladies who are fans of Tabitha probably like it because the late Robert Urich was a regular.

2. dany

dany Well-Known Member

Spencer,he's the man.

3. Dale_

Dale_ Active Member

I wonder if they'll show the "lost episode" that explains how Tabitha went from a preschooler to a twentysomething in five years?

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

Having watched this series in 1977 when it first aired (and with no interest in ever seeing it again), I can tell you there is no lost episode...sorry! But you'll be glad to know there is a disco episode!

Isn't it obvious that Tabitha cast a spell on herself to make become an adult because she was sick of the disrespect kids feel they get in school? [​IMG]

5. Mark To

Mark To Well-Known Member

And why are they wasting my time with all of these Sanford and Son releases when they should go right to the classic Sanford Arms? [​IMG]

6. Joe.S

Joe.S Active Member

I have never seen the show except for Bewitched so is there a trailer I could watch?

7. David*P

David*P Well-Known Member

David
    The people at www.bewitched.net have a whole page devoted to "Tabitha" including video clips, one of which is the theme song, a really catchy tune sung by Lisa Hartman called "It Could Be Magic".

8. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Well-Known Member

Having grown up in the 70's(and considering it the best decade) this series slipped under my radar until I saw it on TV Land last year. I probably didn't know about it because I was still living in Australia in 1977 and perhaps Tabatha didn't reach down unda. It wasn't shown in reruns either until TV Land. Anyway from what I saw of it on TV Land the show sucks but it's good for nostalgia which is the only reason why I saw a few of the shows.

Hey if they're bringing out the DVDs for Tabatha they should put the original Friends from 1979 on DVD dammit! It had the best opening theme song, the Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes". [​IMG]

9. Joe.S

Joe.S Active Member

Thank you. It's too bad that Elizabeth was not involved especially since the show is a spin-off.

10. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

That "Friends" was a one-hour comedy / drama about a bunch of school kids, one of whom was played by Jill Whelan. The show was so awful I think even Aaron Spelling would rather forget it. But Aaron must have liked Jill: She got cast on the The Love Boat as Vicki Stubing immediately after Friends was soon cancelled.

11. Gary->dee

Yeah but do you remember the opening theme song? :p)

12. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

Nope, because it's as forgettable to most people as the rest of the show. [​IMG]
    In 1979 Friends aired on ABC on Sunday nights at 7. It was rightfully massacred in the ratings by the CBS powerhouse 60 Minutes.

13. David*P

David

Herbie J goes on to say that Sol Saks, the creator of BW, was asked by William Asher, a director on both shows, to come work on the show but he had different ideas for "Tabitha" and didn't like how they were trying "to do BW without Samantha and the original cast."

I would've LOVED to have seen EM reprise Samantha on the show but I think that her choosing to distance herself from it was a better choice as she maintained her credibility.

On another subject I would like it if the Saturday morning cartoon special called "Tabitha and Adam and the Clown Family" was included as an extra on the "Tabitha" DVD.

14. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Well-Known Member

"I felt an obligation to them. They were annoyed and felt betrayed."

I like "Tabitha" only because of Lisa, but I applaud EM for taking that position. In a similar vein, Richard Hatch could have done well to learn from her!

15. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Well-Known Member

I dont know what is scarier, the thought that they are releasing this show or that I still remember some of the theme song.

"Some people got it and some people dont"....

16. David*P

David
    That song does stick in your head! LOL

Here are the words from Lisa Hartman Black's website:

It Could Be Magic (Jeff Barry) (opening theme from "Tabitha") :37
    Some people got it
    Some people don't
    You'll never know
    Until you try
    You never know
    Baby you can fly
    If you try
    It could be magic
    The way I feel
    It could be magic
    But it feels so real
    It could be magic
    Ooh yeah
    Well it could be magic
    It could be magic

You can also listen to it on her site too.

Another thing about her website...the news of the Tabitha DVD wasn't anywhere on there so I emailed them last week and got this reply:

17. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Well-Known Member

That theme song is so 70s cheesetastic.

18. Gary->dee

The Tabitha theme song is terrible. The lyrics, the melody, and the choice of singer. I'm often a fan of 70's TV theme shows but the one for Tabitha is probably the worst I've ever heard compared to say themes from Alice, Angie, Chico and the Man, Welcome Back Kotter and so on.

19. Mark To

Mark To Well-Known Member

I think the theme is very good, much better than the show itself. Written by the great Jeff Barry (Sugar Sugar). I've always been disappointed that Lisa never included it on one of her albums.

20. David*P

David
    I like the theme song too...it was perfect for the time.

I just found while looking through my TV Land tapes of "Tabitha" that there is an alternate theme song that was used on episode 2: "Tabitha's Weighty Problem". I'm assuming it was also used on the pilot, which wasn't shown on TV Land. It doesn't have any words, it's just an extended version of the incidental music that was used a lot on the show. And instead of showing clips of the cast when their name appears on the screen it just shows Tabitha driving through L.A. in her VW-convertible.