What's new

Tabitha (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The ladies who are fans of Tabitha probably like it because the late Robert Urich was a regular.

Dale_

Agent
I wonder if they'll show the "lost episode" that explains how Tabitha went from a preschooler to a twentysomething in five years?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Having watched this series in 1977 when it first aired (and with no interest in ever seeing it again), I can tell you there is no lost episode...sorry! But you'll be glad to know there is a disco episode!

Isn't it obvious that Tabitha cast a spell on herself to make become an adult because she was sick of the disrespect kids feel they get in school? :D

Mark To

Supporting Actor

And why are they wasting my time with all of these Sanford and Son releases when they should go right to the classic Sanford Arms? :)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Having grown up in the 70's(and considering it the best decade) this series slipped under my radar until I saw it on TV Land last year. I probably didn't know about it because I was still living in Australia in 1977 and perhaps Tabatha didn't reach down unda. It wasn't shown in reruns either until TV Land. Anyway from what I saw of it on TV Land the show sucks but it's good for nostalgia which is the only reason why I saw a few of the shows.

Hey if they're bringing out the DVDs for Tabatha they should put the original Friends from 1979 on DVD dammit! It had the best opening theme song, the Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes". :)

Joe.S

Agent

Thank you. It's too bad that Elizabeth was not involved especially since the show is a spin-off.

Jeff#

Screenwriter

That "Friends" was a one-hour comedy / drama about a bunch of school kids, one of whom was played by Jill Whelan. The show was so awful I think even Aaron Spelling would rather forget it. But Aaron must have liked Jill: She got cast on the The Love Boat as Vicki Stubing immediately after Friends was soon cancelled.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Nope, because it's as forgettable to most people as the rest of the show. :)
In 1979 Friends aired on ABC on Sunday nights at 7. It was rightfully massacred in the ratings by the CBS powerhouse 60 Minutes.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Herbie J goes on to say that Sol Saks, the creator of BW, was asked by William Asher, a director on both shows, to come work on the show but he had different ideas for "Tabitha" and didn't like how they were trying "to do BW without Samantha and the original cast."

I would've LOVED to have seen EM reprise Samantha on the show but I think that her choosing to distance herself from it was a better choice as she maintained her credibility.

On another subject I would like it if the Saturday morning cartoon special called "Tabitha and Adam and the Clown Family" was included as an extra on the "Tabitha" DVD.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"I felt an obligation to them. They were annoyed and felt betrayed."

I like "Tabitha" only because of Lisa, but I applaud EM for taking that position. In a similar vein, Richard Hatch could have done well to learn from her!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dont know what is scarier, the thought that they are releasing this show or that I still remember some of the theme song.

"Some people got it and some people dont"....

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
That song does stick in your head! LOL

Here are the words from Lisa Hartman Black's website:

It Could Be Magic (Jeff Barry) (opening theme from "Tabitha") :37
Some people got it
Some people don't
You'll never know
Until you try
You never know
Baby you can fly
If you try
It could be magic
The way I feel
It could be magic
But it feels so real
It could be magic
Ooh yeah
Well it could be magic
It could be magic

You can also listen to it on her site too.

Another thing about her website...the news of the Tabitha DVD wasn't anywhere on there so I emailed them last week and got this reply:

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The Tabitha theme song is terrible. The lyrics, the melody, and the choice of singer. I'm often a fan of 70's TV theme shows but the one for Tabitha is probably the worst I've ever heard compared to say themes from Alice, Angie, Chico and the Man, Welcome Back Kotter and so on.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I think the theme is very good, much better than the show itself. Written by the great Jeff Barry (Sugar Sugar). I've always been disappointed that Lisa never included it on one of her albums.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I like the theme song too...it was perfect for the time.

I just found while looking through my TV Land tapes of "Tabitha" that there is an alternate theme song that was used on episode 2: "Tabitha's Weighty Problem". I'm assuming it was also used on the pilot, which wasn't shown on TV Land. It doesn't have any words, it's just an extended version of the incidental music that was used a lot on the show. And instead of showing clips of the cast when their name appears on the screen it just shows Tabitha driving through L.A. in her VW-convertible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks