What's new

Tab Key Turns on Caps Lock on my Macbook Pro (1 Viewer)

Raja300

Auditioning
Real Name
RAJA Matharu
I just got my first macbook pro, and I noticed that the TAB key turns the CAPS lock on and off when you press it. When I press the CAPS lock key it does nothing. I have had to turn the CAPS lock key off for now, but does anyone out there know how to solve this problem?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are you running any special software for a USB keyboard, like Microsoft's Keyboard drivers? They can be used to adjust how keys work.

It's possible it's a hardware problem. If your software setup is clean and you've not adjusted any preferences otherwise, calling AppleCare or going to the Genius Bar should get it figured out quickly.

Raja300

Auditioning
Real Name
RAJA Matharu
Not running any special software for USB keyboard. I actually just received the macbook yesterday and booted it up for the first time. When I was running the setup, I noticed every time I hit the tab key it would turn on and or turn off the CAPS lock key. So I'm not sure what is going on ...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Go to Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse ->Keyboard->Modifier Keys...
Check the settings for Caps Lock. Is it right?

http://screencast.com/t/MsK34j5Fg

Is this a brand new computer, or used / new to you?

Raja300

Auditioning
Real Name
RAJA Matharu
That's actually the first thing I checked, and yes it was set correctly. Actually for now, I selected "no action" for the CAPS lock. Anyhow the computer is brand new, bought it online, and it's my first apple.

Raja300

Auditioning
Real Name
RAJA Matharu
Thanks for your help anyhow. I'll call apple and make an appointment at their genius bar, and see if they know what to do. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks