What's new

T2:Metal Case (Artisan to help in replacing cases) (1 Viewer)

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
I had a few scratches on mine after removal but nothing that warranted a new case. I definitely won't be putting it back in there though!

KyleK

Second Unit
If someone has the time, I would appreciate it if someone would post a pic or two of their inner and outer case, damaged or otherwise, as I would like to see it before I decide to make a purchase.

Thanks,
Kyle :D

EricW

Senior HTF Member
for what it's worth, i've found that if you use a different kind of double-disc case (the kind that has hubs on both inside covers), the plastic case fits ~perfectly~ into the metal case just loose enough to slide in and out, and firm enough not to slip out. i had one handy and just tried it and it worked. the only thing is there's no place for the booklet. so it's a trade-off.

it's not so much that the original plastic case is too thick, but that it's too wide.

these new cases can readily be bought at computer stores.

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
the hi def t2 file has to be played in wm9 because it is using wmp9 codecs to compress the hi-def stream. you cna play the dvd portion at full dvd resolution with any pc with a dvd drive and any pc dvd playback software, but that wont be the wm9 encoded hidef (1024xsomthing* transfer they have on disk 2

Now i see they have a lisence server set up....how does that work exactly, is each file, or dvd somehow identified individually? is the dvd required to be in drive for the wm9 file to validate and play, wonder if anythign is stomping it from wide distribution online, there must be some kind of security....

I think i'm goign to hold off on this too, improved trasnferes while nice, is nto enough of a reason for me to upgrade from the UE at this time, i'm not that observent with dvd picture quality so i'm cool. plus my tv has a really nice filter.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
The Speed Racer case was nice Charlie. Whenever I'm feeling down I just pick that case up, inhale, and rub my hands over it. Sweet fresh rubber tire smell and grooves!

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
Dan Fritzen-

Install a freeware copy of Zone Alarm. Then try and "get the license", however that is. Zone Alarm blocks ALL outbound traffic and will tell you what port and what program is trying to get out. Write that down and uninstall Zone Alarm. Or, leave it installed for extra protection.

-Seth

MarkBurdette

Auditioning
Forgive me if this has been posted.. I had read most of this thread but some posts have been added and I can't read them right now.

I (edit: hopefully for most of us) solved the T2 metal case problem.. you have to squeeze the the Terminator's nose, and the inner case can be pushed out. Also, permanently squeeze/bend the corners (all 8) to make them more 90 degrees. Both of these together give the case more width. After you square the corners, then squeezing the nosedisengages the rivets.. you can push the case out.

If you sort of play around with the shape of the bottom opening, you can get reentry pretty smooth.

Mine came out of the package the first time in bad shape. The woman answering the 800 number was a sweety.

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
for those interested in seeing the damage, i got my dvd today, and slowly and surely removed the dvd inside after reading all these posts, and i have come to the conclusion it was impossible to remove this dvd without damaging the inner case, with my copy of t2, heres some pics

ive also noticed that the top of my case was already torn (even the paper cover, not the severe rip, but the tear at the top of the disc) that i assume was done during packaging, since the corner was slowly removed without even touching the metal.

SPINALRIP

CORNER RIP

CASE OF DEATH

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Thank you Myo, finally someone printed a picture of what the hell was doing this.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
OK, so we all have problems with the case...But I'm wondering if anyone else has had this SPECIFIC variation of the problem. The bottom right corner of my metal slipcover is for some reason narrower than the rest of the cover. That is to say that the bottom opening slims down near the right edge. At this point the slipcover is so narrow that, if I put the keepcase inside it, the keepcase is compressed so much that one half of the corner is forced to slide up and inside the other half of the corner.

Curiously, there hasn't been much actual damage to the keepcase; just some slight scoring. However, I will attempt to exchange this at Best Buy.

James St

Supporting Actor
The inside of my metal case looks like a train wreck. Here's a pic of the spine on my case or at least whats left of it.:angry:

Spine

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
What's amazing to me is that Artisan Quality Control somehow managed to miss this. It's not a small gaffe, it's a widespread problem.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Here's a scan showing exactly what I'm talking about. Note how on the edge near my finger, the plastic case has compressed up into itself:

Ryan Boone

Auditioning
Hey all....My first post here at the HTF, but i have been a long time lurker. I bought this DVD @ Target last night, and of course have the same problem as you all do. My metal slip cover is basically destroyed, I returned it, same thing. I went through this 5 times before i just accepted it, i figure there is NO way (aside from luck) to get a decent slip cover. I ended up calling the 800# provided in the forum and spoke with a *wonderful* person at Artisan and assured me that they will replace the plastic case. This begs the question, What are we all going to do with these slip covers? I figure ill get a little heating element and use mine as a bad ass toaster oven :laugh:

Britton

Screenwriter
I figure ill get a little heating element and use mine as a bad ass toaster oven
Don't you mean, an EXTREME toaster oven? I'm going to keep my tin by my bed and use it as a weapon to fend off any assassins who might try to kill me during the night.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I would think that any PC with a DVD drive and DVD player software would be able to play the movie, no WMP 9 required.
It's not an arbitrary decision where they just decided to lock it down to a certain player. It's not a mpeg2 file. The HD version is encoded with new WM9 codecs. Only the new version of WMP can play that kind of file. It's like if the file was a Quicktime movie - you wouldn't expect a DVD player to be able to play it.

For more info:

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks