What's new

T2:Metal Case (Artisan to help in replacing cases) (1 Viewer)

Ron Pinsonneault

Auditioning
Trying to pull the dvd out of the metal case marred and scratched the inside plastic case. Is this a lousy design or am I doing something wrong again? :thumbsdown:

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
You're not the only one. I had difficulty as well pulling the metal slipcover off the DVD case, and it scratched the plastic on the side of the case. While a metal slip cover is a little extra goodie to have, they could have made it at least a little easier for us to get it off the main package itself.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Worst design for a dvd case I've ever seen. It's the same style as Artisan's RAMBO Trilogy metal case. I managed to get the inner case out after a little trouble, only to discover a long tear in the plastic sleeve. It had to have happened when the case was inserted into the metal sleeve during the packaging stage. I'll replace the damaged case, and then store the metal cover, never to be used again.

The metal sleeve has little flaps that are folded into the inside. These flaps are what "snag" the plastic sleeve of the dvd case when removing or inserting the case. It doesn't matter whether it's removed from the top or bottom, since the flaps are at both ends.

The inner dvd case uses the same boring photo of Arnold's face as the previous "ultimate" dvd. I'm surprised they didn't redesign the artwork. It's almost identical to the previous edition.

If Artisan insists on using metal cases for their limited editions, I'd prefer they use the style that Disney uses for their "Treasures" series, or the ones Anchor Bay used to use. At least these can be opened easily, and actually protect the dvd cover, rather than damaging it.

"Extreme" indeed...

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
I had virtually no trouble getting the case out of the tin.

I slowly pressed downward from the top of the case and had it out in 30 seconds however, I hate both UE / EE metal cases they were a very bad decision.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Artisan apparently listened to its customers, who complained bitterly about the metal case on the T2:Ultimate Edition being too loose..... :rolleyes

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i got my plastic case ripped too.

even the metal case wasn't very even.

Artisan, Artisan, Artisan...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
my case also tore along the botton of the spine.
most likely from those sharp metal folds on the inside.

nice looking case,much more interesting than the UE one, imo- but no way in hell i'm actually using it as a slipcase.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The original case could be made a little tighter by removing the DVD case and pressing the back of the metal case down - bending it carefully, and ever so slightly and you'll find that the keepcase fits snuggly in. :)

This new transfer look awesome, judging by the screenshot comparisons on the other thread.

Shame that I have gone off this film in recent years. But fans must be stoked! :D

Gordy

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I was as gentle as could be and my keepcase spine was torn to shreds...well worth the $15 for the new transfer though.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
A tip for removing your DVD from the metal case:

Press in on the front of the case (the embossed exoskeleton) and that will allow a bit more play on the spine ends. Push your keepcase out and VOILA! You should have no tears at all, and the case should slide pretty smoothly.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
i ripped the plastic too, and now my firewall will not allow me to get a license to view the HD DVDROM, tech support has no clue what port it uses so I am screwed!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I pressed down on the metal case... and still scratched the shit out the spine!

And it's even harder to put it back in without scratching it even more!

Damn you, Artisan!
:angry: :thumbsdown:

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah mine got scratched to, but I don't really care and still keep it in the metal case because you can't see the scratches and it looks great. As long as it doesn't screw the discs up I'm fine with it.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Ripped the plastic slightly on my spine.

Never putting it back in that damn case...it'll sit next to it on the shelf.

Gah. WORST...DESIGN...EVER.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I had trouble with mine as well. Beautiful outer case but a DVD case shredder built inside. I'm going to write or e-mail Artisan to get a replacement DVD case. Anyone else going to do this?

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I got mine out of the metal case without any problems but I doubt I will ever put it back inside.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
haha. I thought I was the only one with this problem. I scratched it not once, but twice! Going in and out. Did anyone buy their copy at Best Buy? All of the metal cases were scratched and damaged. I managed to find one in OK condition.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Ripped the hell out of the spine of the keepcase here -- and I thought I was being really careful. Then again, I can't help but wonder if the keepcase wasn't torn up when they *put* it in the case...

-greg

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I think the case was 'manufactured' over the KC.
It's those two indentations on both sides of the metal case, that do the most damage. :angry:
IMNotSoHO!
Got mine out, OK. Nothing major. However, will not attempt to reinsert the KC.
No kidding! :b

After the slipoff all the time metal slip cover of the T2 EE and now the ripoff all the time metal cover on the T2 UE: I am calling these covers;

DUMB & DUMBER!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks