What's new

T2 Extreme vs. T2 Ultimate comparison screenshots (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Those screenshots are a no-brainer.

Who could care less about extras when the movie itself is improved so clearly.

Can anyone out there give us some actual shots of the case?

The metal case and the keep case (from all angles)?

Being over here in Melbourne makes it a little tough to see such things.

Anyone want to buy the original double-sided single disc UE?

Thanks Sam and Matthew for the screenshots!

P.S. Does this DVD contain the two additional scenes from the UE?

ie: The extended ending and the T-1000 searching through John Connor's bedroom?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The High-Definition vs. The Extreme DVD comparison shot

Thanks Stephen,

I’m finally able to play the HD on my PC. The resolution is quite impressive. Here is a link and it’s a comparison between the new extreme transfer and the HD version. Please don’t post this image directly anywhere else. If you want to link make a text link to the image, not a direct image link since it’s big.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/willow/temp_t2_hd.jpg

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Nice...

There's definitely a difference. The HD is cleaner and more detailed. Especially along the footpath... Ah, sidewalk.

Not as dramatic as the Ultimate to Extreme improvement, though.

Thanks Sam.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have to say that I’m not very proud of my The High-Definition vs. The Extreme DVD comparison shot. You should take it with a little grain of salt. I had to cheat a little. First, to capture the HD, there is no native command in InterActual player, so I grabbed the screen. Also I had to resize the Extreme shot to match the HD and that is always a bad idea. If I had resized it bicubic, it would have given a better result without the stepping that you see.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Highlight "Sensory Control" and press right 5 times. "The Future is Not Set" will appear. Press Enter and see what happens!!!

THEATRICAL CUT is on the EE DVD! :D Tell me it works, Sam :)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I swore that I would not buy this new edition because it doesn't feature the theatrical version. But if it does, then I guess I'll just have to get this dvd because the transfer looks shit-hot. The best part is I can put this dvd and my dvd-18 version of T2:UE in a double amaray and truly have the ultimate edition of T2 taking up the same shelf space (I HATE having two different dvds of the same movie on my rack). Will someone who has the dvd (Sam, hint, hint :D ) please put me out of my misery and confirm the theatrical version is on there?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Let's get this straight;
The EE has no EE.
That's great!
Thoroughly enjoyed the captures.
Thank you!
Will wait for the HD-DVD, unlessssssssssss the EE cheap.
Fifteen bucks, sold!

Could anyone compare D-VHS T2 vs. EE T2?

Funny, I watched this last nite, UE (two disc version), and was unimpressed!
Smeared, came too mind.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Sam,

I mean the theatrical cut can be viewed in NTSC and HD (i.e., Micorsoft Windows).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, on the UE the extended version is TITLE 3. Try cycling through the titles to see if you can find it.
No point in watching sub-par video quality again with the UE. :)

So, branch seeming was used again on this version. I always watched the extended cut, but good to see the theatrical is still included. Man, this is getting better by the minute.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
More info on how to get the high def version running, courtesy of

Settings, select Proxy Server and input the address and port number. You can find some US based open proxy servers at http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

- install the stupid InterActual Player on the T2EX DVD disc2
- use DVD Region Killer or DVDIdle to fix any DVD region issue if the InterAcutal Player won't play the DVD
- select High-Definition T2 in the InterActual Player
- the DRM license box will popup and if everything is fine it will say the license is install ok, if it say region issue for NOT in the Canada or US, try another proxy server from that URL
- then the WM9 T2 should plays in InterActual Player
- quite InterActual Player and use WMP9 to play by directly open the file on the DVD
- I guess you can even copy the WM9 file to HD to play
- once it get the license, you can remove the proxy setting in IE and WMP9

I tried around 10 hours before I got it working. First I stuck on the NOT Canada or US region issue and don't know which open proxy server to use. Then I finally discover I MUST use the InterActual Player to get the license instead of the WMP9...

Anyway, enjoy!

So simple, even my mom could do it. Assuming she was assimilated by the Borg first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks