1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SyFy's Defiance Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Apr 10, 2013.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Wow, what a finale! But I have to wait a whole year for S2? June 2014?!?! This is the first dub step inspired TV soundtrack I've heard. It rewards those with decent speakers. Stahma and Kenya, walking in the woods, may have been the best scene of the show. Stahma is brilliant. Kenya's performance as she slowly lost focus was perfect. It was chilling, tragic.I'm still unsure of the core story with Arissa. I'm not thrilled about mixing my scifi with my mystics. I got my fill in Smallville, Lost, and BSG. But at least it's interesting and unexpected.

2. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Well-Known Member

Chris
    June 2014? Really? That's a load of shtaka!

3. Hanson

Hanson Well-Known Member

Hanson
    I really liked the pilot a lot, but the ensuing episodes were quite uneven and somewhere around episode 6, I was seriously considering bailing. As I said then, if it were the fall and my DVR was full, I would have dropped Defiance around that time. I'm glad I slogged through the muddled part of the season, because the last three episodes have been eye opening. The myriad of cliffhangers in the season finale is an oldie but goody.

And may I say, that Datak & Stama Tarr are the straws that stir this drink. As soon as they pushed them to the fore, the show just took off. The Indogene doctor is great as well.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    The makeup for the Indogene Doc is phenominal on close up.

I like pretty much like everything with this series. Great story line, excellent cast of actors, high production values and writing.

This of course means that they will be canceling it soon. :)