What's new

SXRD vs DLP (1 Viewer)

Jason Kim

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Does anyone own a sony sxrd KDS60A2000? i havnt seen any in person, and i wanted to know how it compares to a dlp? Do the new sxrd's (KDS60A2000) automatically accept 1080p signals? Do the new dlp's like this one (HL-S6187W).

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Can you get to a BestBuy that has both on display? They are similar prices at BestBuy, so I think it would really just be up to your personal opinion between the two technologies.

Yes, both will accept 1080p inputs.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I own the 55" version of this model of SXRD. For HD broadcasts, it looks awesome. On our cable system, the SD broadcasts aren't so good, but I think this is true for most HD TV's.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
There's one poster over at AVS whose used about 20 user names in the past few months. This guy's on a crusade to destroy Sony with his incessant blathering about Green Globs. While this was a known issue on some of the first generation SXRDs it by no means affected all of them and is much less prevalent on the current A-2000 and XBR-2 models. It's certainly not as much of a deterrent to me as the horrible video noise on the Samsung DLP sets.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I read about that actually, but I wasn't quite sure what he was referring to.
And, I also did notice issues with the Sammy noise... eek.

Another reason I think this still gets me is that the Best Buy stores over here, the SXRD's are still not repaired....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks