What's new

SW Faceoff: Sony WM-40 vs. Audiosource SW-15 (1 Viewer)

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Rodney, On the SW-15, make sure you use a Y-cable to connect your signal from the receiver to the sub, that ought to make it turn on easier. Instead of Polyfil, I would recommend just buying the sheets of speaker fiberglass at Radio Shack, and stapling it to the insides of the cabinet, though not on the amp itself. Also, get it off the floor about an inch. I used to own one of those monsters, it can put out a serious amount of bass, though no where near as clean as my SVS 25-31PC. I sold the SW-15 to a friend of mine, it's still in use on his HT.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I totally agree with Robert here. For a little more money you can get a Shiva driver and a nice plate amp that will sound much better then the Sony or Audiosource. As evidence from the guys above this Sony and Audiosource are good starter subs but you'll likely want to upgrade it sooner or later so why not save a little more and get something that will last for a while? I'd recomend the EXSub14 kit which is discussed in detail in this thread

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Excellent point Andrew, forgot all about this new SUB KIT!
Andrew has put this kit to the test in both sound and putting it together on his living room floor. To easy to put together!
This (complete kit) the Easy SUB-14 can be put together by basicly anyone, regardless of experience and requires no special tools period. Everything comes with it that you will need.
It is a far more accurate/clean/quailty sub, and will give the newbie a chance to enter the DIY relem with absoluty no experience.
Everything is layed out like a prison puzzle. Square block in the square hole, round peg in the round hole. I think you get the basic idea. ;)
Well worth the time to at least take a look, and certainly a much higher quaility product than the above mentioned subs.
No disrepect intended to the owners of the for mentioned subs.
Regards
Geoff

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Lee even if it is over the limit I'd argue that its worth saving up a little extra for rather then paying $150 now and wanting to upgrade a month later;)

Cagri

Second Unit
Mark, if you still can find it, go with the WM40. I don't think you will need a quick upgrade. IMHO you will be better off spending your savings to upgrade/match the rest of your speakers. The Sony is a great sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks