What's new

SVS wall hanging: a complete review (1 Viewer)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
You should also check w/ SVS to make sure yours is an authorized logo. There has been a rash of unauthorized logos over the internet and you warranty is void if this is true.

Allrighty enough of this. Let's be straight. You should have known that logo was not going to perform like it was supposed to based on the internet. That will teach you to get everything in your listening room first.

Last Ditch effort: Did you try stuffing your SVS port w/ your logo? That should tighten the bass.

Jeff Brink

Stunt Coordinator
With issues like these Chris, I can't believe you haven't heard from the "SVS boys" yet! :D Those PCi orders must really be kicking their butts. I'm sure when they get a minute though, Ron or Tom will have a viable solution for the problem at hand - they always do!
BTW, way to tell it like it is. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
My wife took one look at that SVS wall hanger and said NO WAY! So... I bought the much,much smaller Sunfire True Logo Jr. Then I later upgraded to a True Logo Signature.Although a little boomy for music, it is a great LFE logo! These things may cost lots more than the SVS, but for those with spouse approval problems they may be the best bet.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I feel for you Jason. My wife is pushing me to get rid of my B&W wallhanging and go with a pair of BOSE shotglasses we can place, hidden on the mantle. She states they will be just as functional, will not muck up the decor, and she does not believe there will be a perceptible difference.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Chris,
Thanks for the review.
I feel any such document requires a pic don't you think?
Link Removed
And since folks have asked, you can get them here.
Ron

Erich S

Agent
My wife says the logo should have a dog riding a submarine. She is also wondering if one of these cylinders could be turned into an up-light or a planter. Maybe she can get some ivy to grow around it, or maybe I can convince her to agree on getting an SS model since it looks so much better.

Michael Marklund

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, that's it! SVS is on my s*** list. I've heard so may things about these guys and then they pull this kind of stunt!Amp is ordered, pre/pro next week, have a thread running on speaker advice, and was fully planning on at least one, if not two svs subs to seal the deal.
How can any company, in their right mind release to a beta-tester the world's first prototype 7.2 speaker system and not give any support???!!! Probably came w/ no source material, right?? Did svs supply a new 9th generation pre/pro capable of handling 7.2? Seriously, do they expect you to matrix 7.1? If SVS will not supply new pre/pro, you may not have long to wait for the new SUX6000 pre/pro w/ discrete 7.2 surround to handle the new hanging. (Inside scoop on this unit is there are delays though. Something about final testing and contractual problems in malaysia delaying shipping to the first people w/ reservations and the Motoroil 588882 updated DACs have a major glitch.)
I strongly suggest you phone the help desk at SVS ASAP! Perhaps while on hold, you could read the spanish novel about a guy named "Manual" that came w/ the wall hanging.There might be some troubleshooting ideas in there. (Oh, another thought:I seem to remember you describing your wiring set-up, but I don't recall if you said whether or not it's plugged in. The manual does recommend this. Trying every possibilty here.
Just some helpful tips.:) :)
MM
P.S.-If the WAF on this unit is low, you may try a Faroudja video enhancer for better results. You can also enliven her by letting her know that at least the power button isn't a lime green dot.

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, what is the serial number on your SVS sign, if it was shipped before Dec 19th, then you qualify for the the improved logo lettering version at a reduced price - can you post the response curve on this beast?:D

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Chris, what is the serial number on your SVS sign, if it was shipped before Dec 19th, then you qualify for the the improved logo lettering version at a reduced price

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if the "logo sign" sounds better than the "Tower Logo Sign"? Also, Do you set the sign to "small" or "large" to get the best response? Man the home theatre stuff is so confusing:angry:

Brian Crowe

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone in the Phoenix area have a logo I could audition? I'm still a bit wary about ordering things from the internet. How's the return policy?

~Crowe~

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
I've created a Web site for people who want to audition the SVS logo in someone else's home before putting it on their wall. You can find it at:
http://www.audioenvy.com/
Chris, I hope you'll register as a logo owner so that other audio enthusiasts can share the joy.
--Steve

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
Any idea about the "break in " period for the wall hanging? I hear perfomance improves dramatically after several hundred hours. Is there any way to hasten he process....pink noise perhaps?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I know this may be beating a dead horse, but have you tried using a parametric EQ and taking into account a nice house curve? Your logo will probably be a lot more satisfying with about a 10dB slope from 20-80Hz, plus you can tame the massive peak you're getting from the wall hanging at 50Hz. Also, an EQ with a subsonic filter will help keep your wall hanging from bottoming out with bass-heavy material such as The Phantom Menace or the tortured screams of the people you keep locked in your basement.
Personally, I think wall hangings are the wave of the future. I tried wall hangings in my HT, and I found that the sound quality was increased at least ten-fold. Sure, it wasn't an SVS wall hanging -- just some pieces of cardboard on which my escaping kidnap victims scrawled "HELP ME" in their own blood -- but the effect was still pretty damn sweet. Before he died, the last escapee commented on how well the wall hanging fit in with my room. Unfortunately, well... I had to kill him anyway... but I did appreciate the compliment. ;)

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me how this SVS wall hanging compares to the new Adire Audio wall hanging? :D

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget to factor in the Fletcher-Munson human hearing perception curves when deriving your house curve.
Also, you MUST add the sq footage of the rooms that your HT listening room opens up to when trying to decide if you need one or two SVS wall hangings, that being the case, you might be better of just getting the passive wall hanging w/amp - you could always add a second SVS wall hanging if that's not enough :emoji_thumbsup:
PS - almost forgot! . . . if you get the dual wall hangings you'll need to stack them atop each, otherwise you may well get some nasty phase cancellation issues . . just my $.02 worth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks