What's new

SVS Sub vs JBL PB12? (1 Viewer)

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator
...and that's why I upgraded from the 20-39PCi to the 20-39PC+ a couple weeks ago. Chris, if you can afford it, skip on directly to the PC+, but don't think you'll be making any major sacrifices w/the PCi; both are light years from your JBL in terms of quality and performance. I was completely satisfied w/my PCi, seriously, but the one bad thing about SVS is that when you get a taste, you're just going to want more and more.
Again, if you haven't already, I strongly advise you to get in touch with Ron or Tom from SVS and have them weigh in on this. Ron, personally, recommended I go w/the PCi based on my room's dimensions and the fact that I live in an apt. It was good, solid, sane advice, but after you OWN an SVS, your hunger for bass will be anything but sane. So, the PC+ was where I ended up (for now. ;) )

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I will second what Philippe Kline had for advice and also there is nothing wrong with having something a bit bigger than what you need. I do that with just about everything I buy, that way I know if its there I need it plus your not driving your gear at its max most of the time.

I have a PB2+ thats 2 years old (now the PB12/+2) and absolutly love it even though I never get it past 1/2 on the gain. I will never need couch shakers or what ever you call them and love to feel the air pressure move my hair at times even though I am at least 10 Ft. from the sub. The air pressure from those low LFE explosions feel great. I am not one into high or wall shaking bass. This ones just right to be able to get you the feeling without all of that and I really appreciate it. I have had numerous subs, some expensive in the past and my last were dual 12" NHT's powered by like 800 Watts each with their outboard amps. Tried them up against the SVS and there was not even a close compairison.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks