What's new

SVS SB12-NSD vs. Elemental Designs A5s-300 (1 Viewer)

DrSpill

Agent
Real Name
Moris K.
Hey everyone -- I have (finally) finished up school and got a real job. As such, I decided to reward myself with a new sub. I currently have a Bic-F12, and have ~$600 (give or take) for a new sub. My current setup: Pioneer Elite SC-35 FL/FR Deftech Promonitor 1000 FC DefTech Procenter 2000 SR/SL Deftech promonitor 800 My room is ~ 15 x 10 x 10. I do 99.8% HT, and don't do a lot of loud listening (have a 21 month old who I dont want to wake up), so rather than "punch" I'm looking for "clean" bass. I think i've narrowed it down to the SVS SB12-nsd ($650) or the ED A5s-300. Both are sealed (which I understand favors clean bass over punch) and both have good specs. Since these are both ID brands, I unfortunately can't demo them, so wanted to know if anyone had opinions on the matter? TIA

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Both are sealed (which I understand favors clean bass over punch) and both have good specs.
Sealed can easily provide punch. It's all in the enclosure/driver combination. At least the SVS has been designed to play flat. I'd go with them due to their transducer engineer being one of the best in the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks