What's new

SVS PB2+ vs. PSB Subsonic10 (1 Viewer)

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
How do these subs compare. Both use multiple 12" drivers, the the PSB has a 500w amp and weighs 105lbs(comparable to the SVS). The retail price of the subsonic10 is much higher than that of the PB2+, but here in Canada I can get the PSB sub for allot less than the SVS. Do you think it's worth the extra money to get the SVS?

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I guess the subsonic10 is not a popular sub among forum members. This worries me, if it were a good sub I figure more people would know about it. I've heard the lower end PSB subs, sub5i and sub6i, and was impressed. I was hoping their higher end subs carried the same value to performance ratio.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The Subsonic 6i did very well in Nousaine's recent shoot-out over at S&V. It had the highest 20 Hz output of all competitors and a flat FR and he loved the sound.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The multi-driver Sub Sonic 10 is a fairly new subwoofer from PSB. Previously, their top of the line subwoofer was the Sub Stratus with a single 15" woofer in a sealed cabinet. iirc the Sub 10 is a subwoofer with two 12" woofers in a ported enclosure. I have a Mirage BPS-400 with two 12" woofers in a sealed cabinet. I've heard setups with dual SVS 20-39's and they sound good. My conclusion? Guess the subs have to be heard. Has anyone heard, or does anyone here yet own the dual 12" ported PSB 10 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks